Question Norton Mobile-Android

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

TIBCSI66

Thread author
Feb 8, 2024
Hi,

It is worth installing on Android?
Or rather Bitdefender?
It doesn't slow down the phone much?
Phishing protection is good?
Scans the links you open in your Facebook browser?
VPN is fast?

Regards

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Apr 21, 2016
Hello,

1. Yes, Norton Mobile Security is worth installing on Android for robust protection.
2. Both Norton and Bitdefender are good choices, it depends on personal preference.
3. Norton is optimized to not slow down your phone significantly.
4. Yes, Norton provides excellent phishing protection.
5. Yes, it scans links opened in your Facebook browser.
6. Norton's VPN speed is generally good, but it can depend on your network conditions.

Best regards.

Jengo

Level 7
Well-known
Nov 9, 2022
Hi,

It is worth installing on Android?
Or rather Bitdefender?
It doesn't slow down the phone much?
Phishing protection is good?
Scans the links you open in your Facebook browser?
VPN is fast?

Regards
Just install it and see / try if you dont like it, remove it again..... why so many questions, all phones are different.

CyberDevil

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Apr 4, 2021
In my experience the best protection for Android is offered by Bitdefender, followed by Eset and Avast. If you need a good VPN for a small amount of money, it is better to take Avast, if money does not matter, then Bitdefender. If you need an antivirus that just works well and reliably protects your browser, then Eset is better, and you should buy a VPN from a specialized company.

1000033103.jpg

CyberDevil

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Apr 4, 2021
@CyberDevil is this your phone ? If so , i think its a tiny bit overkill, so many AV.
Yes, this is my phone. 😂 All antiviruses except Eset and Bitdefender are in sleep mode. My main antivirus is Eset. :)

Are you sure that G Data has its own engine on Android too? Typically, small companies use the big brother engines for Android. For example, Emsisoft is literally selling Bitdefender without even changing the interface.

Reactions: oldschool and Jengo

oldschool

Level 83
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I don't use an AV on my phone because I mainly use it for calls & texts. But if your phone is your primary device, or heavily used for surfing, social media, etc. then one of the suggested AVs may be worth it.

• +Reputation
Reactions: lokamoka820

EstrellaRhodes

Level 1
Jun 3, 2024
I've used both on my Android, and they each have their pros and cons. Bitdefender is solid with great phishing protection and doesn't slow down my phone noticeably. It does scan links, including those opened in the Facebook browser, and the VPN is pretty fast. It's a strong option if you're looking for comprehensive security without performance issues.

Reactions: simmerskool

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
In my experience the best protection for Android is offered by Bitdefender, followed by Eset and Avast. If you need a good VPN for a small amount of money, it is better to take Avast, if money does not matter, then Bitdefender. If you need an antivirus that just works well and reliably protects your browser, then Eset is better, and you should buy a VPN from a specialized company.

View attachment 283908
Please tell me this is a meme LMAOOO

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.