App Review Norton Power Eraser Tested

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
cruelsister

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
It is amazing how fast the full scan is (~10 secs) and it can find anything suspicious, unlike other scanners, which take longer, much longer. I gave up on EEK after 5 mins (45%).

capture_01272024_121847.jpg

LennyFox

Level 7
Jan 18, 2024

Thanks for testing. What I like about your videos is that you clearly explain the test case at the start and provide a summary at the end. (y)(y)

I also appreciate your choice of music most of the times, even though I often do not know the artist (so a secondary thank you for the music education 👏 )

And sometines you make me smile when you add some light irony with a wink by obviously falsifying the over hyped marketing claims of some vendors :)

Last edited:

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Thanks for testing. What I like about your videos is that you clearly explain the test case at the start and provide a summary at the end. (y)(y)

I also appreciate your choice of music most of the times, even though I often do not know the artist (so a secondary thank you for the music education 👏 )

And sometines you make me smile when you add some light irony with a wink by obviously falsifying the over hyped marketing claims of some vendors :)
Overall, @cruelsister keeps her vids short and sweet. (y)(y)

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I use NPE when I feel the need for a 2d opinion. Here NPE full scan took 1m57.9s (not 10 sec mentioned above, but 2 min scan is relatively fast compared to some other 2d op scanners)

Anthony Qian

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 17, 2021
It is amazing how fast the full scan is (~10 secs) and it can find anything suspicious, unlike other scanners, which take longer, much longer. I gave up on EEK after 5 mins (45%).

View attachment 281194
NPE does not appear to have a local detection database and mainly relies on cloud reputation scanning. As a result, its scan speed is faster compared to other scanners.

B-boy/StyLe/

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 10, 2023
NPE does not appear to have a local detection database and mainly relies on cloud reputation scanning. As a result, its scan speed is faster compared to other scanners.
That's explain why custom scan is so slow - over 10 hours for drive c: and still going. It reminds me of WiseVector StopX and X-Sec Malware Scanner.

Doesn't seem to be stuck.

Probably should have disabled Kaspersky Free real-time protection before running it. Anyway, thanks for the test, CS. Good to know NPE is still a reliable scanner.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.