New Update Norton Security 22.22.11.12 for Windows is now available!

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Norton Security 22.22.11.12 update is now available via LiveUpdate. As with our previous updates, this version is being released in a phased manner. This update is available in all supported languages. To download it, simply run LiveUpdate through Norton user interface.

This update is available for the following Norton products:

• New Norton 360
  • Norton 360 for Gamers
  • Norton Antivirus Plus
  • Norton Security
  • Norton Internet Security
  • Norton 360
  • Norton Antivirus
  • Norton Security Online

To verify you have the update for Norton Security, launch the Main User Interface, click on Help.

22.22.11.12%20About.png

Below FAQ addresses some common questions:

1. What is the version number for this patch?

Norton Security 22.22.11.12

2. When will I receive the patch?

As is our standard practice, we are deploying the patch in a phased manner. We have released the patch to randomly selected customers, and will then monitor our telemetry, as well as this forum, for any problems or issues. Once we have confirmed the effectiveness of the patch, we will make it available to all customers. We will post an update on the Norton Community when we make the patch available to all customers.

3. How can I manually install these patches?

This patch is ONLY available via LiveUpdate, and is being released in a phased manner. You may need to run LiveUpdate and reboot a few times before your product is completely updated to the latest version.

4. What's new in Norton 22.22.11.12?

• Ability to schedule/automate Smart Scan
    smart%20scan%20scheduled.jpg
  • Customers can now select the Alert categories to be displayed
    Alert%20categories.jpg
  • Revamped Alerts to provide optimal user experience
    revamped%20alerts.jpg
  • Bug fixes:
    • Norton SafeCam Popups - Thread
    • Multiple Norton Context Menu entries - Thread
  • Other minor bug fixes, under-the-hood changes, and performance enhancements

5. Where can I post my queries?

Please visit Norton 360 for Windows board to post your queries.

Please note:

• Some of the features are being throttled
  • Norton 22.22.11 supports: Windows 7 SP1 with SHA2, Windows 8, 8.1, Windows 10 and Windows 11.
  • Norton 22.22.11 targets versions 22.22.9.7, 22.22.9.11, 22.22.10.3, 22.22.10.9, 22.22.11.4.
  • This update is not available for maintenance mode OSes (Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 with no service pack)

Source: Norton Security 22.22.11.12 for Windows is now available!

nickstar1

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Dec 10, 2022
I really do love the new alerts they implemented although Norton hasn't gone through many changes over the years GUI wise..... It's still a very solid product Norton power eraser turned out to be a big success for them as well. The product is at least being improved internally rather than graphically although we have seen some "changes".

Reactions: fabiobr
G

Guilhermesene

Is there any way to revert back to old alerts? I didn't like these new changes, I found the alerts too big in relation to the screen size.

Reactions: SeriousHoax

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Hmm, strange indeed :unsure: No scrolling issue on my system. BTW, welcome back :)
I always have a clean (with antivirus) system image that I restore to install and test a security product. I installed Norton and played with it for some days, but system impact was noticeable. I could hear my laptop fan every now and then and when I checked task manager it had always been Norton. Regarding Firefox issue, it was strange. Do you have Norton extension installed?
welcome back
Thank you, my friend.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
I always have a clean (with antivirus) system image that I restore to install and test a security product. I installed Norton and played with it for some days, but system impact was noticeable. I could hear my laptop fan every now and then and when I checked task manager it had always been Norton. Regarding Firefox issue, it was strange. Do you have Norton extension installed?
Good practice and I do the same also. Norton is one of the lightest, if not the lightest, on my system. But I do disable some stuff like all scheduled tasks, idle time optimizer. But then again, these only ever come in action is when your system is idle. Out of AVs only Kaspersky makes my CPU fan speed up with noise that I can hear when I browser the web due to its rather CPU heavy HTTPS scanning. Things are smooth when it's disabled. The other non AV product is Adguard for Desktop for similar reasons.
Norton don't have HTTPS scanning so browsing is superfast & light and yes I have the extension enabled also.
So for whatever reasons, it had issues on your system, and it's fine if some other product works better on your system :)
If you have a download link, I take ;)
I can't find one, it asks me each time to subscribe....
You may try comss(.)ru for a trial. I should add that the UI is actually slightly different when this version is installed with a couple of less non-protection related features I think but usually not noticeable. So I can't guarantee that the test will be 100% fair. I think it would, but saying just in case. For example, recently I realized that testing SEP unmanaged client and Norton is not really the same thing in some context because there are some subtle difference that can make Norton perform a bit better and more transparent. Also, you may have to perform LiveUpdate several times before having the latest version. So keep that in mind.

Last edited:

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Good practice and I do the same also. Norton is one of the lightest, if not the lightest, on my system. But I do disable some stuff like all scheduled tasks, idle time optimizer. But then again, these only ever come in action is when your system is idle. Out of AVs only Kaspersky makes my CPU fan speed up with noise that I can hear when I browser the web due to its rather CPU heavy HTTPS scanning. Things are smooth when it's disabled. The other non AV product is Adguard for Desktop for similar reasons.
Norton don't have HTTPS scanning so browsing is superfast & light and yes I have the extension enabled also.
So for whatever reasons, it had issues on your system, and it's fine if some other product works better on your system
I had a similar experience with Kaspersky as well as Adguard. G Data also uses a lot of CPU on my laptop. If I have learnt one thing recently, it is that products behave differently on different machines.

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
So for whatever reasons, it had issues on your system, and it's fine if some other product works better on your system :)

You may try comss(.)ru for a trial. I should add that the UI is actually slightly different when this version is installed with a couple of less non-protection related features I think but usually not noticeable. So I can't guarantee that the test will be 100% fair. I think it would, but saying just in case. For example, recently I realized testing SEP unmanaged client and Norton is not really the same thing in some context because there are some subtle difference that can make Norton perform a bit better and more transparent. Also, you may have to perform LiveUpdate several times before having the latest version. So keep that in mind.

My experience as well, Norton seems to be even lighter than ESET on my system, maybe because it lacks a HTTPS scanning module like you mentioned (its not a problem because of its IPS + browser extension).

Norton CPU usage is the lowest in my machine, its whitelist/cache system seems to be the most agressive, it is like Norton isnt there at all.

About AdGuard, I had this fan speed up noise in my old Intel i5 2500k setup too, it was a little annoying, even on my Ryzen 3600 its CPU usage is noticeable.

Last edited:

Andrezj

Level 6
Nov 21, 2022
security software alert design does not matter
multiple credible studies across years show that a statistically significant number of users
- do not know how to respond to alert
- ignore alert

this is true for home users and it industry professionals

this is a tiny list of available coverage online

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
security software alert design does not matter
multiple credible studies across years show that a statistically significant number of users
- do not know how to respond to alert
- ignore alert

this is true for home users and it industry professionals

this is a tiny list of available coverage online

I agree with you on this to some extent. That is why I prefer set-and-forget type of security products on family devices. They are not tech-savvy and alerts always confuse and terrify them.

Andrezj

Level 6
Nov 21, 2022
I agree with you on this to some extent. That is why I prefer set-and-forget type of security products on family devices. They are not tech-savvy and alerts always confuse and terrify them.

ask @Evjl's Rain about his experience trying to teach home users how to respond to security software alerts

for the average home user, an internet security suite is the best optimized for their level of understanding, priorities, inclinations, usability and to provide them with quality overall protection
particularly applicable to a family with children or on sibling shared devices

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
ask @Evjl's Rain about his experience trying to teach home users how to respond to security software alerts

for the average home user, an internet security suite is the best optimized for their level of understanding, priorities, inclinations, usability and to provide them with quality overall protection
particularly applicable to a family with children or on sibling shared devices
I used to use Rollback RX Pro on all family devices, but it was unnecessary labour for me. Now I am using Avast with hardened mode enabled and settings password-protected. That is a peace of mind.

Reactions: Dave Russo

Andrezj

Level 6
Nov 21, 2022
I used to use Rollback RX Pro on all family devices, but it was unnecessary labour for me. Now I am using Avast with hardened mode enabled and settings password-protected. That is a peace of mind.
@Evjl's Rain determined through a lot of testing that avast with hardened mode enabled was most effective for users he worked with

for the average home user a quality internet security suite should be combined with a backup solution with good os recovery capability
the most important thing is for the home user who is not a security geek to be able to rollback the system either with backup\recovery or virtualization
windows shadow copy system recovery is not reliable enough in case of infection
combining virtualization with backup is ok as long as the backup is not done while the system or application is virtualized
then the home user has to learn the different backup strategies of file, folder, disk which can be manageability problem for them
this is why cloud backup with file version recovery and usb flash drive file backup is most suitable to typical non-technical users

see these are insignificant issues to mt members but for typical home user what they do not know will harm them

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.