Battle Norton Security Premium vs Emsisoft Internet Security 11

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Some years ago I have used Norton 360 and now I'm using Emsisoft Internet Security.
I read that Norton progress are great since 2-3 years, so I want to know if it is become better than EIS ?

N

Noxx

I have to be honest, I think Norton is very close to Emsisoft. SONAR has made large strides, just take a look at the hub and Modal Soul's recent product reviews. Emsisoft has always remained pretty consistent, with its behavior blocker taking out anything that isn't picked up with a scanner. Performance wise, Norton is moderate, but considering how many features Norton has, this isn't a con. Emsisoft is on the lower end of moderate. UI wise I still don't like Norton, it just feels clunky. Feature wise, Norton has more features whether it be a strong identity protection, mobile security, data storage, a virus-free guarantee, and others which I won't go into here. In the end, however, I think Emsisoft provides a great amount of protection, the UI is better, it's faster, it has reliable customer support, and overall I think it's more user friendly. If it helps give a better perspective, I think Norton is a better corporate product, whereas Emsisoft is better for home users. For the sake of voting, I picked Emsisoft, but give both an honest chance.

Last edited by a moderator:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
For this case, Emsisoft still holds the lead.

A) Balance Protection through 3 powerful components. (always mentioned by any members everywhere)
B) BB is so active.
C) The rest maintains the stability and performance.

Norton Security goes very well if you have active connection due to Cloud reputation based. Their Auto-Protect still soft and ineffective but Sonar manage to clean the mess.

Noxx

Level 3
Verified
Jul 13, 2016
By all means wait for second opinion, there are many HMPA users on this forum and I'm sure they could be more informative on this subject than I. Like anything else, it comes down to your browsing habits. If you don't torrent, if you don't open email's without knowing the sender, use an adblocker, and just in general think before you click, you'll never get malware. Ever. Klipsh recently made a post that pretty much sums up the best defense...

A

Alkajak

EIS, although requiring a bit more user interaction than Norton, remains king of security suites. Lighter weight, better behaviour blocker, less bloat features. Funnily, even though it requires more user interaction than Norton, it still somehow manages to be less intrusive than the popups you get with Norton. From my experience testing security software in mass, Emsisoft is by far the most consistent security software. Not nearly as much ups-and-downs as Norton.

As a final note, Norton is still a great alternative. Not talking down on them at all, they provide great protection, but Emsisoft just does it better the best.

Noxx

Level 3
Verified
Jul 13, 2016
Yes, agreed, I've said before that Norton appears to be more aimed towards corporate environments. Even there website screams corporate (clunky, can't find anything). Though, why your average white collars in "corporate" will understand firewalls and such better than home users, I don't know. In all honesty, I think Emsisoft would be in the running as one of the top 3 money makers in the AV industry weren't it for the fact that others were just there first.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.