Not open for further replies.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Welcome to the Norton Security 22.7 Public Beta!

We’re really excited about our newest release of Norton Security. You can access the beta builds by going to the Norton Beta Center.

After you complete registration, you will be emailed a 14-day Beta Subscription Activation Key to assist you in testing. If you do not receive the email, please check your spam folder or try an alternate email address. Once the Beta Subscription expires, please check back here for the latest build. You will then be able to download the new build, and receive a new 14-Day Beta Subscription Activation Key. Be sure to use your subscription keys until they expire before using any new keys that you are assigned, so that you can get the most use out of your beta subscriptions.

During the Public Beta period, you may be asked to create a new Norton Account. We will be using a Norton Account server designed specifically for Public Beta license keys. Because it is a different server, your Public Beta keys will not be stored with your Purchased Subscription keys, and your Retail Keys will not be available in the Public Beta version of Norton Account.

Please remember that the Public Beta builds are Pre-Release Beta builds. Please do not install these products on Production Systems. While we do not anticipate critical failures, Pre-Release Beta Builds MAY malfunction. If you do install on a computer with sensitive information, be sure to make a complete backup of all your important files to prevent the possibility of data-loss. It is highly recommended that you perform a full backup of your computer before installing beta products and that you revert to this backup before installing new builds.

Please give us your feedback on Norton Security 22.7! Post your issues, suggestions, questions, or anything related to the Norton Security product on the Norton Public Beta Forums. We want this product to be the best quality product when we release. Please let us know how we can improve the software!

Please check back on the forums regularly for Beta Build updates, messages from Symantec, and product discussions with other users like you.

Be sure to follow us on our Norton Public Beta Twitter(link is external) account to get updates when new builds are posted, and other updates related to Norton Public Betas.

Happy Testing!

Cheers,
Gayathri Rajendiran
Norton Forums Administrator
Symantec Corporation
Proactive exploit protection (PEP)

Holes and backdoors in your operating system and other software that you've installed are exploited by cybercriminals to inject malware onto your device without your knowledge. These vulnerabilities often take weeks to months for the original software vendors to patch, leaving your system exposed to malware in the interim. PEP improves your device security, your privacy and your critical personal information by blocking the malware attempting to exploit these holes and backdoors. PEP is not dependent on signatures or prior knowledge of exploits, and is therefore able to address vulnerabilities from the day they exist.

64-bit browser support

Web browsers are a major entry point to the Internet for most users today. Malware writers continue to attack users through malware-infected websites designed to silently slip past the web browser (and device). Fraudulent websites attempt to trick users into providing personal and financial information. Norton Security now works within the 64-bit versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.

IPS support for https

Norton Security's Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) blocks threats originating from your network, before those threats take up residence on a device. To help protect customer's data, financial institutions and other organizations that deal with your personal information use https - the encrypted version of http. Unfortunately, suspect sites have followed suit and are using https as well. The IPS included in Norton Security now detects attacks using https connections, and stops those attacks before they take up residence on the device.

Sandboxing, or isolating potential threats

Cybercriminals attempt to trick security solutions by “packing-up” malware (often-times within legitimate software files) to prevent it from being identified. Norton is extremely proud to announce a new high-performance emulator that uses these cybercriminals' tricks against them. Norton Security will run and analyze unknown and suspicious files in an isolated protected virtual environment to see how they act before allowing the file to be run on the user's device. This helps to ensure the file is safe before it takes up residence and wreaks havoc on a user's device.
New Norton Beta. :)

Norton - Manage Your Norton Products

Last edited by a moderator:

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
But how it works ? If I already have norton licence that last almost another year, can I have that beta for free till the end of my licence ? Or are you buying it? On w10 I am ok . I use norton on XP, seven and 8 (in case i upgrade )

Thank you for sharing
But how it works ? If I already have norton licence that last almost another year, can I have that beta for free till the end of my licence ? Or are you buying it? On w10 I am ok . I use norton on XP, seven and 8 (in case i upgrade )

Thank you for sharing
Not sure just yet it is way too new. ;)

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Please share some screenshots from main interface and settings if you can ;)
Here are some screenshots:
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg 12.jpg 13.jpg 14.jpg 16.jpg

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Thank you!
Backup? Is it something helpful against ransomware encryption?
Of course, in case SONAR (the behavior blocker) or the antivirus can't detect the ransomware, you should be able to restore your files from Norton Online Backup. Basically the Backup feature is this one: Norton Online Backup 25GB
The only downside that I see is that the online backup is for 25GB, then you will have to pay extra.

Here are the settings for the backup feature:
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
Thank you , I don't remember if it is available already in stable norton since I rarely use the other PC where I have it

bjm_

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 17, 2015
Downloading now. How long is the license period?
After you complete registration, you will be emailed a 14-day Beta Subscription Activation Key to assist you in testing. If you do not receive the email, please check your spam folder or try an alternate email address. Once the Beta Subscription expires, please check back here for the latest build. You will then be able to download the new build, and receive a new 14-Day Beta Subscription Activation Key. Be sure to use your subscription keys until they expire before using any new keys that you are assigned, so that you can get the most use out of your beta subscriptions.
Welcome to the Norton Security 22.7 Public Beta! | Norton Community

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Thank you , I don't remember if it is available already in stable norton since I rarely use the other PC where I have it
I think it only comes with Norton Security Premium: Norton Security Deluxe - Antivirus Software | Norton . You can also buy it separately for $50, but there are better online backup solutions out there...
norton.jpg

Overall Norton Security 22.7 feels light and snappy, SONAR and the antivirus detected everything that I have thrown at them.. Will keep testing it, but it looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.