Expired Norton Security

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Promo page
https://buy.norton.com/estore/checkOutV2
Event start
Nov 28, 2019
Event end
Dec 1, 2019
How to get a license
[URL unfurl="true"]https://buy.norton.com/estore/checkOutV2[/URL]

BigWrench

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
If anyone is interested......
Norton™ 360 Deluxe 1user/1 year

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Are you telling me seriously that the most basic version of Norton is "usually" $79.99? Who would pay that?

1574960301814.png

AgentPearce

Level 1
Verified
Jun 23, 2018
It is currently cheaper on Amazon for US customers, you get 15 months and it's for 5 devices.

BigWrench

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
It is currently cheaper on Amazon for US customers, you get 15 months and it's for 5 devices.

$9.99 for 15 months/ 5 devices?????
Now THAT’S a bargain! :oops:

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
Off subject, but what VPN company does Norton use?

Norton bought Canadian SurfEasy.

Norton VPN was pretty bad a year ago.

But it's improving.

It's quite often very fast... I often now don't notice it's there.

That's a change. When I initially tried it, it was glitchy.

From a very recent review----

1575125376867.png

1575125314948.png

Take individual VPN speed tests with a grain of salt.

=============

Norton is one of the best AVs. Paired with a VPN and backup... it's also sometimes a great value.

Don't worry about auto-renewal. You put a credit card in initially, and you go and delete it out later. No biggee.

1575125626697.png

1575126129098.png

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
1575127417621.png

I switched to an Australian server and have surfed around for a few minutes...

Admittedly, I've only done low-data surfing -- and for only a few minutes. But I actually notice no difference.

I would guess that with more time and bigger data, I would notice.

Good test. :)

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
Well it appears to be a legitimate license. I've never had any cheap Norton licenses deactivated.
You can't know better of paying the company directly / reliable partner for licencing sake .

Aggravatorx

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jan 30, 2013
I also go to ebay for a license and never once had a problem and most of them you go to the security sites web page and
activate, as said above i would rather have a virus then pay 79.00 a year when i can get a license for 20.00 for three years

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
I also go to ebay for a license and never once had a problem and most of them you go to the security sites web page and
activate, as said above i would rather have a virus then pay 79.00 a year when i can get a license for 20.00 for three years
basically you can just run unmanaged SEP as it can work without license just submissions won't work.
You can download it from cmoss ru or Broadcom site directly.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I have a Norton licence & gave it a try the other day & to try the VPN: - For me a glaring omission there is no option to start the VPN with windows, on each boot you have to open the Norton box & start it manually - There are lots on the Norton forums pointing this out & Norton are looking at the possibility of deploying this option - Also again for me a cast iron log burning stove has more options than Norton's VPN - On install there is no option to not install the VPN, much like Kaspersky, (though you can uninstall Kaspersky) it's not possible to remove it or the TAP it adds. I won't buy or use Norton again :unsure::unsure:

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
I have a Norton licence & gave it a try the other day & to try the VPN: - For me a glaring omission there is no option to start the VPN with windows, on each boot you have to open the Norton box & start it manually - There are lots on the Norton forums pointing this out & Norton are looking at the possibility of deploying this option - Also again for me a cast iron log burning stove has more options than Norton's VPN - On install there is no option to not install the VPN, much like Kaspersky, (though you can uninstall Kaspersky) it's not possible to remove it or the TAP it adds. I won't buy or use Norton again :unsure::unsure:
Just run SEP unmanaged client it is kinda the same product as Norton just without bloat .
Note without license submissions won't work .
Insight pretty much works excluding submission of unknown sample .
Get the trialware from cmoss ru.

Reactions: Protomartyr

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.