Advice Request Norton VPN Privacy

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

motox781

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015
I recently started using Norton 360 again. I enjoy the technology, such as Sonar and built-in Firewall. But this question I have is regarding Norton VPN privacy on Windows. It is included for free with this package and works great.

I see they publicly state "no log policy". Which could be vague. I've read some of their privacy policy, but didn't really get what I was looking for. Does anyone know (no guesses please), how much data collection Norton gathers, that could be used to identify you?

Note: I know there may be safer choices (no biased opinions about other products please) such as Mullvad or IVPN, bare-metal servers, 5 eyes (etc), but I'm asking in a 'basic sense', how trustworthy is Norton VPN?

I plan to use it for general surfing, 24/7, Windows PC, civilian use. Nothing illegal, but I still care about privacy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dave Russo and Nevi

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Here's Norton VPN's product specific privacy policy. It lists the data it collects:
The data collected would be enough for Norton to identify your specific device, but nothing related to your browsing activity.

If your only concern is preventing ISP data collection, and you're happy with the service Norton VPN provides, I say continue using it.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.