Not a Antivirus but On-Demand Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

MalwareFire

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Aug 10, 2014
Hi, i dont like to use antivirus software because my computer is crap. Then i dont want a antivirus software. I want like ThreatFire but only for scan for downloads and sometimes scan the computer like "Quick Scan".

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
If you buy Malwarebytes Premium and pair it with ThreatFire you can get okay protection with real-time (ThreatFire cannot work on it's own). However, the lightest config ever is Sandboxie and Malwarebytes. That's It. ;)

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
I would use Malwarebytes free in order to do that. A threat scan can take up to 30 mins to run, depending on your computer specs and it covers 99% of the location where malware usually hides.

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
I would use Malwarebytes free in order to do that. A threat scan can take up to 30 mins to run, depending on your computer specs and it covers 99% of the location where malware usually hides.
As "experty" as @MalwareFire is I would reccommend some real-time protection, perhaps MSE/Windows Defender?

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
@MalwareFire , on topic for non-use of an AV, let's suppose your computer's performance is the reason behind not wishing to use a 3rd party antivirus.:oops: Well, then how about first removing some of the online flotsam & jetsam, collected over time, that may be causing your system to lag?o_O
  1. Consider the number of browsers (plus all extensions installed on each) and, additionally, programs installed that place a drain on your system resources.
  2. Replace apps with portable versions, whenever possible, extracting (installing) onto a USB flash drive which helps to keep your system separately light and freer.:)
Good luck!:)

Last edited:
Reactions: donetao

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi Cats! Time freeze sounds interesting if you have kids using your PC. It's a sandbox. I have tired them in the past, but I didn't like it.
Old people don't like new things ;) I always have a way to restore my PC back to a earlier time before changes were made. I can see how Time freeze might be away for some people to surf safely. Your sure would want some thing like that if you're not going to use a 3rd party Anti-Virus. For now I'll just use my trusted Macrium Reflect and Windows restore to a earlier time. I'm sure I can always recover from any disaster that comes my way even if I have to start from factory.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.