Spawn

Administrator
Staff member
Verified
  • What's New?
    1, Schedule Scan
    We add the new feature of Schedule Scan within the newly released Kingsoft Antivirus

    2, Update Virus Card, and more subdivision supported
    3, Fix bug of Defense on Windows 8 OS
    4, Other minor bugfixes

Going to give a test run outside of Time Freeze. :D
 

Spawn

Administrator
Staff member
Verified
Haven't the slightest idea on what those minor bugs were. :huh:
 

LawnTractor

New Member
Kingsoft supposedly uses the Avira engine. It's detection rate is the same as Avira - 99.8%
http://www.av-comparatives.org/comparativesreviews/single-product-reviews-tests
Not sure about it's ability to block stuff, though.
 
D

Deleted member 178

Does the Avira engine is in the free version and be used as companion?
 

spywar

New Member
Hy men,

Please wait until 2013 ver is released, then AVIRA engine should be fully included, and there is no paid version, so yes it will be free.
 

tapoo

Level 4
Verified
http://www.avira.com/en/press-details/nid/691/news/kingsoft-integrates-avira

Kingsoft Internet Security Software Integrates Avira Anti-Malware Engine
its official from Avira also....
 

Littlebits

Retired Staff
tapoo said:
http://www.avira.com/en/press-details/nid/691/news/kingsoft-integrates-avira

Kingsoft Internet Security Software Integrates Avira Anti-Malware Engine
its official from Avira also....
I believe this only applies to the paid Internet Security Suite not the free AV. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks.:D
 

LawnTractor

New Member
Littlebits said:
tapoo said:
http://www.avira.com/en/press-details/nid/691/news/kingsoft-integrates-avira

Kingsoft Internet Security Software Integrates Avira Anti-Malware Engine
its official from Avira also....
I believe this only applies to the paid Internet Security Suite not the free AV. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks.:D

"Avira’s anti-malware engines will be used in Kingsoft’s consumer PC desktop security software products marketed under its Kingsoft Antivirus and Kingsoft Internet Security brands, as well as its Chinese-language Duba brand."
 

spywar

New Member
@LittleBits,

You are wrong, as I said before, there is no paid ver of Kingsoft AV ....
Also in 2013 ver a new cloud based behavior analysis named "FireEye" should come....
Also a brand new heuristics very powerfull named KingSoft "KVM heuristics"....
 

Littlebits

Retired Staff
spywar said:
@LittleBits,

You are wrong, as I said before, there is no paid ver of Kingsoft AV ....
Also in 2013 ver a new cloud based behavior analysis named "FireEye" should come....
Also a brand new heuristics very powerfull named KingSoft "KVM heuristics"....
So you are saying there is only a free version and it will have Avira included, what is the catch? How will Kingsoft pay their bills if they don't have any paid products? I know Avira just didn't give their engine to them for free. There isn't even links to donate. This makes me very suspicious.

Thanks.:D
 

tapoo

Level 4
Verified
^^ thats true, but i think they concentrating their income mainly from China, as they have security suite....

first see this....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingsoft [watch the last link named Kingsoft security official website ]

Kingsoft Internet Security Software Integrates Avira Anti-Malware Engine

Tettnang, Germany & Hong Kong, China --- October 9, 2012 – Security expert Avira announced today that Kingsoft Internet Security Software, China’s leading security software development company, will license and integrate Avira’s anti-malware technology.

Avira’s anti-malware engines will be used in Kingsoft’s consumer PC desktop security software products marketed under its Kingsoft Antivirus and Kingsoft Internet Security brands, as well as its Chinese-language Duba brand.

“As a global Internet security company, Kingsoft uses both in-house technology and trusted partners like Avira to give our customers the best security protection possible,” said Mr. Fu Sheng (傅盛), CEO of Kingsoft Internet Security Software. “Avira technology has a reputation in the industry for quality engineering, low memory consumption, full multi-threading support, high throughput and reliability, and other performance advantages. Best of all, we are able to use Avira’s SAVAPI anti-malware SDK, which makes integrating Avira security technology simple and cost-effective.”

“We are grateful to Kingsoft for their trust in Avira to help to protect their millions of customers,“ said Tjark Auerbach, founder and CEO of Avira. “We look forward to a long relationship.”
(see this links with Google Chrome for translation)
http://www.ijinshan.com/kis/index.shtml
http://www.ijinshan.com/duba/function_new.shtml#a10
http://www.ijinshan.com/duba/newduba.shtml

maybe they just trying to catch up some of the FREE ANTIVIRUS market, just like others [Avast/Avira/Comodo/AVG etc...], but they also have paid softwares.....
 

LawnTractor

New Member
I think Kingsoft is trying to compete with Microsoft, they are a very large software company with office suites that do compete with MS Office, etc, so I guess they are banking on people using the free AV will help expose them to those other (paid) products?
 

Littlebits

Retired Staff
Did anyone notice this- http://yandex.com/infected?l10n=en&url=ksoffice.net or this- http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/ksoffice.net?utm_source=addon&utm_content=rw-viewsc ?

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingsoft_Internet_Security

Controversy

Kingsoft has been recently implicated by unverifyed sources into the Malware/Trojan "Cookie" 'Seekportals.com' scandle.
My suspicions even got bigger.

Thanks.:D
 

LawnTractor

New Member
A
Littlebits said:
Did anyone notice this- http://yandex.com/infected?l10n=en&url=ksoffice.net or this- http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/ksoffice.net?utm_source=addon&utm_content=rw-viewsc ?

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingsoft_Internet_Security

Controversy

Kingsoft has been recently implicated by unverifyed sources into the Malware/Trojan "Cookie" 'Seekportals.com' scandle.
My suspicions even got bigger.

Thanks.:D
All of Kingsoft's sites are .com, not .net which is what that cookie deal is. I ran every one of their sites with Comodo site inspector, Windows Smart Screen Filter - no problems. Avira wouldn't be parternering with them if that was the case.
http://www.kingsoftsecurity.com/
http://www.kingsoftstore.com/
 

tapoo

Level 4
Verified
https://www.virustotal.com/url/48278cc4ff3099422c32b4461dda2bd9a6d1bcb953a8ab73219e3f070c3b2c47/analysis/1352600131/ [for seekportals.com]