Intel HD Graphics 5500
Toshiba 1TB HDD

Wraith

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 15, 2018
Light and good configuration. Just use an adblocker like unlock origin or adguard for Chrome. And use a good on demand virus scanner like Emsisoft Emergency Kit or ESET Online Scanner.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@novelist11:
  • In Malware Removal Tools, please remove Avast Free and OSA, since none of them are on demand scanners, here You may add ZAM 2 Free, HitMan.Pro Free, and EmsiSofr EK.
  • Update Your W10 to 1809.
  • In Web Privacy, Yoy may add uBlock Origin, and a VPN service.
Please edit Your config and announce Your changes in a post, thanks for sharing :giggle:

Last edited:

novelist11

Thread author
Feb 17, 2019
@novelist11:
  • In Malware Removal Tools, please remove Avat and OSA, since none of them are on demand scanners, here You may add ZAM 2 Free, HitMan.Pro Free, and EmsiSofr EK.
  • Update Your W10 to 1809.
  • In Web Privacy, Yoy may add uBlock Origin, and a VPN service.
Please edit Your config and announce Your changes in a post, thanks for sharing :giggle:

I have edited my config

Reactions: bribon77

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Hum... do You have in Real-time Web & Malware Protection -> ZAM 2 Free? that product does not have real-time protection, only for the trial period, after that is just an on demand scanner... please confirm if still using Avast Free and NVT OSA in real-time...

Last edited:
Reactions: bribon77

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Looks like ZAM Free 2 has been accidentally placed into the Realtime protection. If you do have OSA & Avast, this should be replaced in that description category.

For web browser you could use Scriptsafe to cover various online threats and unwanted content.

Also take a look at Binisoft Firewall Control, fantastic product, works like Tinywall. As you're only using Windows Firewall as your FW. I'd also utilise Syshardener, tickbox settings within the program to harden the OS using basic FW rules too.

Binisoft can protect from 3 types of malware:
  • Ransomware (if using a Command & Control centre)
  • Keyloggers
  • Remote Access Trojans
All of the above needs an outbound connection to function correctly (look at brackets for Ransomware).

The rest of the config looks covered.

~LDogg

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.