NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro turns Freeware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welldone

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 29, 2012
From the next version, ERP will be free to use, it will support donations (that are optional, if users like ERP they can donate, the funds will be used to support the development) and you will be able to use ERP in any number of computers, without limitations.

There will be no ads, probably there will be a "Donors" version (that will be sent to all users that purchased a license till now) that may have something different from free version (yet to decide, really)

ERP will be released as freeware officially in the stable version and will live with donations.

Thanks to everyone that has supported ERP till now by buying one or more licenses.

On the next version (probably v3.2) ERP will switch to SHA-256 file hash instead of MD5, because it is more secure.

For this reason, ERP will not support anymore the auto-updater, but it will need to be updated manually (it will require specific actions).

A new beta version has been released.
+ Added more safe objects in the Recommended Configuration
+ Added option to change the program header background color
+ Added option to minimize the application when started manually
+ Added option to save only events of blocked applications
+ Improved the save and load of the whitelist/blacklist
+ Improved the detection of parent process path and PID
+ Improved the main GUI and other application windows
+ Improved the loading of kernel-mode driver
+ Improved the installer and uninstaller script
+ Improved the program startup method via service
+ Save the PC user name in the events log file
+ Protect the program from being terminated (support Vista+ only)
+ Enable DEP and ASLR in all executable files of the program
+ Minor fixes and optimizations

A lot of bugs fixed, improvements and more pre-configured objects for Windows 8/10 TP.

The "Install Mode" is not yet active, some tests need to be run on the next week.

This new build has improved self-defense, now Process Explorer can't kill it.

Download link: http://downloads.novirusthanks.org/files/EXERadar_Pro_x86_x64_v3.1_14012015_BUILD1.exe

To update ERP please follow these steps:

1) Close ERP from Trayicon->Exit
2) Uninstall ERP
3) Reboot the PC (very important)
4) Install ERP

Source:
Post #4032

Last edited:
H

hjlbx

Hello nissimezra,

WinPatrol not so bad...it is old school, light on system...but has not been updated in long time. Currently under new owner. I've reported quirky behaviors, others too...current owner states will fix issues over next year or so.

Solid, respectable alternative to HIPS.

Advantage - if it was working completely - is real-time monitoring and alerts.

Anti-executable to me makes no sense if you are testing malwares. On the other hand if your goal is to "lock-down" your system then anti-executable is really only practical option other than doing all the system tweaks manually (bad news). I'd rather chew on glass.

hjlbx

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
Hello nissimezra,

WinPatrol not so bad...it is old school, light on system...but has not been updated in long time. Currently under new owner. I've reported quirky behaviors, others too...current owner states will fix issues over next year or so.

Solid, respectable alternative to HIPS.

Advantage - if it was working completely - is real-time monitoring and alerts.

Anti-executable to me makes no sense if you are testing malwares. On the other hand if your goal is to "lock-down" your system then anti-executable is really only practical option other than doing all the system tweaks manually (bad news). I'd rather chew on glass.

hjlbx
I'm not talking about specific software, there are so many softwares some are good some are bad. I've seen a lot of people that killed their OS with software's like superantispyware and revo and some more good names.

I just think that installing to many security software on a pc is not healthy. good idea to have 1 good AV and one scanner like MBAM which by the way even MBAM killed some OS coz it deleted system file.

for people like us it's ok coz most of us have some kind of a backup and knowledge to restore OS.

cheers bro

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013

Welldone

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 29, 2012
Thanks Welldone!:) Now, since I've downloaded from the previous link yet have not installed, would you personally recommend this beta version over the previous to an ExeRadarPro noob:rolleyes: such as yours truly?o_O :p:D
You are Welcome.:)Usually it is recommended not to run beta software in Production environment,but since this beta build version includes important fixes,i would use it:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.