shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Protected system process are by default check (didn't change anythitng).
My pictures are on D: drive.
I also have Secure Folders set on that folder to "Read only".

I'm not at home now, will try something tomorrow.
It's not so big deal and it not mater so much.
try putting a few pics on your C drive, in a typical location like My Pictures, and see if that works.
If it works, you probably have a Windows-related permissions issue with the D drive. You might have to grant higher permissions or something.

Reactions: AtlBo and Av Gurus

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Another strange isue is when changing from one mode to another (Alert mode>Lockdown) pc act like is freezed for 1min then got pop-up of changed mode (win pop-up right down at bottom of screen).
yes. that is annoying.
When that happens, I just pull up task manager, click "restart" for the Windows Explorer process, and after a couple seconds, I am back in business.

Reactions: AtlBo and Av Gurus

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
try putting a few pics on your C drive, in a typical location like My Pictures, and see if that works.
If it works, you probably have a Windows-related permissions issue with the D drive. You might have to grant higher permissions or something.

I add some pictures on C:\Users\AV-Gurus\Pictures\ and it works OK.
Tnx ;)

Reactions: shmu26 and AtlBo

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
It's known to me, that's for sure.
I haven't seen other people complaining about it.
It think it might be a relatively recent Windows 10 issue.

I have just installed NVTERP (v3.1_24062015_BUILD1, default settings) to test this issue (Win 10 Pro 1607). So far, everything seems OK - I can switch between all modes freely.

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
Maybe is OK for couple of days, maybe is something in settings...
Here are my settings:
Clipboard01.jpg Clipboard02.jpg Clipboard03.jpg Clipboard04.jpg

Reactions: AtlBo and Andy Ful

Andy Ful

Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
if you want to get less prompts for valid processes, there are a couple simple things you can do:

1 if a certain program likes to produce a lot of prompts, and it is not a high-risk, internet-facing program, you can add it to the parent process list, which is under the whitelist tab.

2 you can delete the two entries for rundll32 from the vulnerable processes list.

This process is on the list because it is commonly abused to load rogue dlls. So it is nice to have it listed, but IMO it is not essential, and it produces a lot of prompts. So if it drives you nuts, just remove it from the list. Why is it not essential? Because if you leave the other default entries on the list, then it is pretty unlikely that bad dlls will get onto your system in the first place. If the dll ain't there, it can't get loaded.

Last edited:

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Good news. EXE Radar Pro will continue to be develop. More details on the link
New Antiexecutable: NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro

- We will use SQLite to handle rules with search\edit\filter\sort\pagination\etc
- We will save more info about a rule, such as when it was added and when it was last modified
- You will be able to enable or disable a rule
- We are discussing a new way to match processes with rules, a possibility we are evaluating now is like this (we're open to ideas of course):
- We will add support for categorization of rules, i.e "Windows Updates", "Firefox Updates", "Windows Processes", etc
- We have improved the method to gather information about a process
- All will be focused in a super easy way to manage rules
- New UI

Andy Ful

Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014

- We will use SQLite to handle rules with search\edit\filter\sort\pagination\etc
- We will save more info about a rule, such as when it was added and when it was last modified
- We are discussing a new way to match processes with rules, a possibility we are evaluating now is like this (we're open to ideas of course):
- We will add support for categorization of rules, i.e "Windows Updates", "Firefox Updates", "Windows Processes", etc
- New UI

Great news! Thanks.:)

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015

- New UI
thanks for the important share!

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I use it on windows 10 -- please explain what I am missing?
I only notice a couple minor quirks:

1 icon migrates to the hidden icons
2 when changing modes, desktop freezes and I need to restart windows explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.