_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
There are no popups nothing blocked in log.

I still get slow boot with latest test16 version, I have noticed that Privatefirewall service pfsvc.exe doesn't startup automatically on boot if OSArmorDevSvc.exe is set to startup automatically, if I disable or set to manual OSArmorDevSvc.exe then Privatefirewall service pfsvc.exe is starting automatically on boot like it should. So OSArmor prevents Privatefirewall service to startup that's why I get slow boot.
Set OSA service to delayed start, and that will stop happening.

NoVirusThanks

From NoVirusThanks
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Aug 23, 2012
@Antimalware18

That means before release officially the v1.4 we need to do that things.

@Umbra

Does dlls can be blocked? (especially system.management.automation.dll)?

Not for now, but we can add support for blocking loading of DLLs.

@shmu26

Feature suggestion: let the user choose between 3 pre-set configurations:
1 medium security
2 high security
3 paranoid security
Or whatever you want to call them...
OSA has so many options that it is hard for the average user to know what is good for him. So that's where pre-set configs are very helpful.

Yes, that can be done.

@AtlBo

However, is there a way to have a choice in configuration between home single system user, where user can make choices, or networked (either single user or network administrator), where choices are only available to the administrator?

We can add these two options:

- Disable important actions (Configurator, Exclusions Helper, Open Custom Block-Rules, Show of Main Window, etc) if user is not an Administrator
- Disable important actions (Configurator, Exclusions Helper, Open Custom Block-Rules, Show of Main Window, etc) if user is not in the Administrators group

So SUA users can't do anything on OSA.

What do you think?

@Stas

Interesting, can you try this:

1) Add this line to the exclusions:

Code:
[%PROCESS%: C:\*]

2) Save the exclusions and reboot the PC

3) If the boot time is fast, try to reboot like 5 times to see if it is always fast.

Probably what you need is to exclude Privatefirewall folder in OSA exclusions.

Just guessing of course, but may be worth a try.

Then remove that line from exclusions.

Stas

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Feb 21, 2015
@Stas

Interesting, can you try this:

1) Add this line to the exclusions:

Code:
[%PROCESS%: C:\*]
2) Save the exclusions and reboot the PC

3) If the boot time is fast, try to reboot like 5 times to see if it is always fast.

Probably what you need is to exclude Privatefirewall folder in OSA exclusions.

Just guessing of course, but may be worth a try.

Then remove that line from exclusions.
I already try this before I put Privatefirewall folder to exclusions and it didn't help.
Code:
[%PROCESS%: C:\Program Files\Privacyware\Privatefirewall 7.0\*]

Stas

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Feb 21, 2015
I just try exclude C:\* didn't work still boots slow, the only thing that helps is setting OSArmorDevSvc to manual startup and creating a batch file in startup folder to delay OSArmorDevSvc, now boot is very fast 16sec and Privatefirewall service starts properly.

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
We can add these two options:

- Disable important actions (Configurator, Exclusions Helper, Open Custom Block-Rules, Show of Main Window, etc) if user is not an Administrator
- Disable important actions (Configurator, Exclusions Helper, Open Custom Block-Rules, Show of Main Window, etc) if user is not in the Administrators group

So SUA users can't do anything on OSA.

What do you think?

Good, yes, exactly what I was thinking, although I didn't know whether it was practical or not :oops:. Maybe a third option for somehow disabling even Administrators on an instance by instance basis idk?

Think I am having kind of a grand image of an app for managing deployment, updates, settings, and exclusions. Seems akin to me to climbing the highest mountain so to speak to be able to provide this for a security app I guess.

This app just does so much with so few FPS. :D Seems one person (job description) could handle this (managing settings/exclusions/deployment/updates etc.) for 2000 PCs with no more than an hour of his time a day on the average....just a small part of someone's daily routine. Maybe it would be less than that...

Last edited:

NoVirusThanks

From NoVirusThanks
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Aug 23, 2012
Here is a new v1.4 (pre-release) (test17):
http://downloads.novirusthanks.org/files/osarmor_setup_1.4_test17.exe

*** Please do not share the download link, we will delete it when we'll release the official v1.4 ***

So far this is what's new compared to the previous pre-release:

+ Block execution of .wsh scripts
+ Block execution of .reg scripts (unchecked by default)
+ Enabled by default "Block execution of .vbs scripts"
+ Improved internal rules
+ Fixed false positives

To install this pre-release, first uninstall the old one.

@Stas

Have you tried also to exclude OSArmor on Privatefirewall?

You should enable all "Allow" options for OSArmorDevSvc.exe, OSArmorDevUI.exe, OSArmorDevCfg.exe.

pf1.png

@Stas

Questions:

1) What theme do you use on XP?
2) Do you have XP SP2?

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

*** Please do not share the download link, we will delete it when we'll release the official v1.4 ***

+ Fixed false positives

This version doesn't like Bullguards Network Probe.

Date/Time: 1/9/2018 12:06:44 AM
Process: [8560]C:\Program Files\BullGuard Ltd\BullGuard\Files32\BgProbe.exe
Parent: [8376]C:\Windows\SysWOW64\wbem\WMIC.exe
Rule: BlockProcessesFromWMIC
Rule Name: Block any process executed from wmic.exe
Command Line: /probe 17179615231
Signer: BullGuard Ltd
Parent Signer:

Stas

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Feb 21, 2015
@Stas

You should enable all "Allow" options for OSArmorDevSvc.exe, OSArmorDevUI.exe, OSArmorDevCfg.exe.

pf1-png.177789

@Stas

Questions:

2) Do you have XP SP2?
I use Royale Remixed Theme 1.47 Large size (120 dpi) setting because this PC connected to TV. I already try to allow all rules for all OSArmor .exe files, try rebooting with enable training doesn't help, I try to disable process monitor & detection system anomaly disable doesn't help. Here I make a few screenshots. When you tested did you check to see if Privatefirewall service started on boot because after slow boot Privatefirewall GUI is started but Privatefirewall service not started.
scr.JPG scr1.JPG scr2.JPG

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015

+ Fixed false positives

To install this pre-release, first uninstall the old one.

@Stas

View attachment 177789

@Stas

Questions:

2) Do you have XP SP2?
I have some free time now, do you mind if I jump on board and help test ?

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
What would the difference security wise be between using an standard user account vs an administrator account with UAC password required for elevation set in the registry, with OSArmor set to block regedit and gpedit from being accessed?
There are many posts on this topic, see for example:
Q&A - Importance of "Standard User" Windows account vs "Administrator" account ?
You are safer when using OSArmor on the admin account, but much safer when using OSArmor on SUA.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.