Status
Not open for further replies.

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Besides others suggestions about backups and on demand scanners, I would like to recommend you to ditch Comodo Internet Security and use Comodo Firewall+Windows Defender.
Comodo signatures are worse than Microsoft's and Defender is lighter.

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Besides others suggestions about backups and on demand scanners, I would like to recommend you to ditch Comodo Internet Security and use Comodo Firewall+Windows Defender.
Comodo signatures are worse than Microsoft's and Defender is lighter.
Also AFAIK Comodo firewall includes the same cloud signatures as the Comodo AV. So if Comodo AV in IS detect something then it will also be detected by Comodo firewall.
You could also try CruelSister's config for Comodo Firewall, then you won't need an AV (Or that's what i am told:D)

Why comodo is?
Because of the firewall?

Last edited by a moderator:

Rengar

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 6, 2017
That is why I recommended Windows Defender and not Comodo Firewall solo.
There is no logic in this post....
AV from Comodo is bad but it can remove things. CF cant. He has CIS. Conclusion: Sandbox can block things,HIPS can also block things. Problem solved!
No need to ditch it, just to config it properly if you want.

PS: CF is better than Avira(imo)...:D:D:D:p

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
There is no logic in this post....
AV from Comodo is bad but it can remove things. CF cant. He has CIS. Conclusion: Sandbox can block things,HIPS can also block things. Problem solved!
No need to ditch it, just to config it properly if you want.

PS: CF is better than Avira(imo)...:D:D:D:p

Why use heavy Comodo suite with poor signatures when you can just use the light firewall and windows default protection with light, decent detection?
It makes all sense not to use the full suite.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Implement some type of system & data backup solution.
Consider an additional on demand scanner(s).
Thanks for sharing your config :)

Reactions: novocaine

novocaine

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2016
Thanks Everyone for your advice, I have just added HTTPS Everywhere, ZAM Free and Macrium Reflect, all set now. btw since yesterday there was huge news everywhere about this wannacry ransom in my country including in my office this morning, the IT department shut the network down.
Why comodo is?
because CIS = AV + HIPS + Isolation + Default-deny + Firewall + Free :), I used to have CFW combine with free AV, but when malware detected it seems my system freezes for few minutes so I change to CIS which its AV module will not interfere with the other module, no freeze again although it always requires system restart on removal. I use CIS using Cruelsister's setting but with HIPS enabled. sorry for my English

novocaine

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2016
anyway, I have ever heard that actually Zemana is the same as HitmanPro, is it true? like the csi forensic or cloud scanning from Kaspersky and Bitdefender Zemana has it too?

Reactions: brod56

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
anyway, I have ever heard that actually Zemana is the same as HitmanPro, is it true? like the csi forensic or cloud scanning from Kaspersky and Bitdefender Zemana has it too?

It is not the same engine, you'll notice that Zemana will often detect more threats specially worms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.