Threadripper

Level 6
Tried this on my PC and they're right about the lightness, and how the install is around 4MB. Something they don't mention is that anything Webroot is "unsure" about gets put into C:/ProgramData/WRData so it can restore damage done by malware. This isn't a bad thing, but when the option can't be disabled people like me have their 128GB SSD written to constantly and 10+ gigabytes used up. Webroot support say to reinstall and remove the folder, but when you install it again the same thing will happen...

Reactions: Burrito

Slyguy

Level 41
Verified
Burrito is right..

It's clear Cylance price was driven by the technology and innovations. Webroot price was PURELY for the subscriber base, and almost nothing for the technology. There is a danger in purchasing firms based on subscriber base because nothing guarantees the retention of them.

I've sold two corporations in the past that I have owned based on nothing other than the subscriber base. In both cases, the purchasers lost out because in both cases once the acquisition was made the subscriber base vaporized over the next 1-3 years rendering the purchase almost entirely irrelevant with no substantive value in the long term. Consequently, BOTH companies that purchased my companies didn't exist within 10 years after that (or less). Overvaluation of subscribers is really a lousy acquisition, look at Yahoo, which was almost entirely driven by customer base and how that is working out. Yahoo traffic is dropping off double digits a year.

RodM1956

Level 3
Tried this on my PC and they're right about the lightness, and how the install is around 4MB. Something they don't mention is that anything Webroot is "unsure" about gets put into C:/ProgramData/WRData so it can restore damage done by malware. This isn't a bad thing, but when the option can't be disabled people like me have their 128GB SSD written to constantly and 10+ gigabytes used up. Webroot support say to reinstall and remove the folder, but when you install it again the same thing will happen...
After 2 days 99MB