Advice Request Now Shadow Defender ask for password ?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

acme

Level 1
Thread author
Apr 29, 2012
Hi,
Never used a password for 'Shadow Defender', now it's asking for a password that I never had or used o_O Can't sign-in to 'change or forgot my password' since I can't sign-on to change it :rolleyes:

Does anybody use a password or how to have a password ? An uninstall/install will do I guess :cool:

:)

Kaffee4Eck

Level 1
Verified
Dec 6, 2015
If you really dont set a password. You should reinstall it with deleting existing configuration. Its hard but anyway I think it is faster to reinstall it before you test many passwords.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Hi,
Never used a password for 'Shadow Defender', now it's asking for a password that I never had or used o_O Can't sign-in to 'change or forgot my password' since I can't sign-on to change it :rolleyes:

Does anybody use a password or how to have a password ? An uninstall/install will do I guess :cool:

you are pretty much out of luck if you do not know the password.

To uninstall, boot into safemode to proceed to uninstall.

Then just reinstall it if you really want it.

A bit of a hassle but its the only option I am aware of it, unless you want to use the "shadow defender password reset" program but for that, google is your friend, since I cannot comment on such tool...

H

hjlbx

Hi,

If Trial expired then it ask for password. It has been that way for years now.

Reactions: Overkill

acme

Level 1
Thread author
Apr 29, 2012
If Trial expired then it ask for password. It has been that way for years now.

Problem is that I won this on this site 'Giveaway' and got a 'Lifetime License' :rolleyes: Must have died without letting me know :D It still made me do a 'Trial 30 day test' every 30 days with a Lifetime License :confused:

:(

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Problem is that I won this on this site 'Giveaway' and got a 'Lifetime License' :rolleyes: Must have died without letting me know :D It still made me do a 'Trial 30 day test' every 30 days with a Lifetime License :confused:

@acme,
..sorry to hear of your frustrations with Shadow Defender. I use it a lot.
:oops:*Sigh*
I have never used a password on the version we've used since 2013...

The lifetime license you won is definitely worth keeping & using. I remember that Giveaway. If I remember it correctly, @exterminator20 (He of the friendly Santa hat) was in touch with SD's developer. If your reinstall does not solve your dilemma I'd surely contact our illustrious staffer whom is ever a helpful mentor! Just click on his name, & 'start a conversation' if he does not post a response here ...for even 'exterminators' x's 20 must sleep
sometimes.:p;)

I wish you success ..with lots more Shadow Mode:cool: sessions to come!:)

Last edited:
Reactions: frogboy
H

hjlbx

It is some type of problem with Shadow Defender license authentication.

Did you submit e-mail to support about it ?

NOTE: Support = Tony (developer), so it could take a long time for reply. If no reply, you might have to send emails quite a few times. That is just how it is with Shadow Defender support.

acme

Level 1
Thread author
Apr 29, 2012
@acme,
..sorry to hear of your frustrations with Shadow Defender. I use it a lot.
:oops:*Sigh*
I have never used a password on the version we've used since 2013...

The lifetime license you won is definitely worth keeping & using. I remember that Giveaway. If I remember it correctly, @exterminator20 (He of the friendly Santa hat) was in touch with SD's developer. If your reinstall does not solve your dilemma I'd surely contact our illustrious staffer whom is ever a helpful mentor! Just click on his name, & 'start a conversation' if he does not post a response here ...for even 'exterminators' x's 20 must sleep
sometimes.:p;)

I wish you success ..with lots more Shadow Mode:cool: sessions to come!:)

I e-mailed @exterminator20 but no response yet or no response from the Shadow Defender support either.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I e-mailed @exterminator20 but no response yet or no response from the Shadow Defender support either.:(
I am sorry I sent a reply to your PM.
Completely uninstall shadow defender,I would suggest a 3rd party uninstaller such as Revo or IObit to remove all remnants and the reinstall it.
Download Shadow Defender from here Shadow Defender - the easiest PC/laptop security and privacy protection tool
I will send you a key in a PM and you can try that one.
I do not know why a password is required and why your license is not working.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
I am sorry I sent a reply to your PM.
Completely uninstall shadow defender,I would suggest a 3rd party uninstaller such as Revo or IObit to remove all remnants and the reinstall it.
Download Shadow Defender from here Shadow Defender - the easiest PC/laptop security and privacy protection tool
I will send you a key in a PM and you can try that one.
I do not know why a password is required and why your license is not working.
Now that is a great festive gesture. :)

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
exterminator's red hat, as well as your own, frogboy, are very present even when we cannot see them during other times of the year!;) :cool:

Last edited:

Mohan Rajan

Level 2
Verified
May 7, 2016
Hi,

Please stop Windows Defragger or any Third Party Defragmenter.
Now uninstall, reinstall and enter serial.
You should not have the password problem again, assuming you never set a password.
It looks like Shadow Defender files are defragmented while Shadow Defender is active.
Solution is always defrag outside of Shadow Mode.
To do this, in your Third Party Defragmenter, if you have one, specify that Defragmentation should be suspended while Shadow defender.exe is running.

Have a good day.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.