New Update Now you can securely link multiple phones to one Signal account

Messaging and video calls
10 Replies 943 Views

Parkinsond

Level 67
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
You can link more devices with one phone number on Signal now, including an Android phone or iPhone.
Signal already supported linking PCs and iPads, but not additional phones.
When you link a device on Signal, you can check and respond to new messages across all of your linked devices.
You can also choose whether or not to transfer an end-to-end encrypted copy of your previous messages to each newly linked device to mitigate the risk of devices that might be shared, lost, or compromised.

 
Oh good thank God for that feature! Now I can be compromised across all of my devices with just a single signal account. Noice!
You know what's even better?!!! Now it's easier for someone to just attach their device to your account.


Ahh yes the amazing world or convenience
 
If it's from Germany then good, they take privacy serious. How much is vibe coded though and has it been tested or audited? Too many problems with new encryption apps.
Personally I deleted my WhatsApp and people can only contact me via Signal (Molly).

Unfortunately, Molly has not undergone any security audits.

BTW you cannot register a Vodafone number in Signal as it is blocked in Egypt. This mean Signal is doing sth right I guess?
 
Oh good thank God for that feature! Now I can be compromised across all of my devices with just a single signal account. Noice!
You know what's even better?!!! Now it's easier for someone to just attach their device to your account.


Ahh yes the amazing world or convenience
Am I missing sth? How can you be compromised? First, the chat history is never transfered when attaching a device. Second, I belive you need to use your main device to connect a secondary device?
 
BTW you cannot register a Vodafone number in Signal as it is blocked in Egypt. This mean Signal is doing sth right I guess?
Yes you are 💯correct. If authoritarian dictatorships such as your Egypt can't decrypt or hack they block/ban it. The same countries that allow Signal probably use it for high level intelligence or government affairs. You would be surprised what works and doesn't, VPNs no will never work but Signal or WhatsApp yes. Crazy world.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top