Nuclear Powered PC's

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Ah yes, pseudoscience to the rescue! ;)

Honestly, there is so much wrong with that article that my tin-foil hat is overheating...

Yes, microwaves "damage" the food's molecules. So do convection ovens. Cooking food is catastrophic to cellular structure. No surprise there! What isn't explained in the article is how this is supposed to be harmful to us.

Microwave ovens don't "cook from the inside out". I'm quite surprised to see this listed, because this is actually something that anyone with a microwave can test for themselves.

Microwave ovens weren't invented by the Nazi's...

I honestly stopped reading after that last one.

I

illumination

HeffeD said:
Ah yes, pseudoscience to the rescue! ;)

Honestly, there is so much wrong with that article that my tin-foil hat is overheating...

Yes, microwaves "damage" the food's molecules. So do convection ovens. Cooking food is catastrophic to cellular structure. No surprise there! What isn't explained in the article is how this is supposed to be harmful to us.

Microwave ovens don't "cook from the inside out". I'm quite surprised to see this listed, because this is actually something that anyone with a microwave can test for themselves.

Microwave ovens weren't invented by the Nazi's...

I honestly stopped reading after that last one.

Im finding all kinds of conflicting information on "who invented" it...
And quite possibly a bad pick of an article to support research done on the subject.. Keep your tin hat on, i can find info all day on the rest..

Scientific evidence and facts
In Comparative Study of Food Prepared Conventionally and in the Microwave Oven, published by Raum & Zelt in 1992, at 3(2): 43, it states

"A basic hypothesis of natural medicine states that the introduction into the human body of molecules and energies, to which it is not accustomed, is much more likely to cause harm than good. Microwaved food contains both molecules and energies not present in food cooked in the way humans have been cooking food since the discovery of fire. Microwave energy from the sun and other stars is direct current based. Artificially produced microwaves, including those in ovens, are produced from alternating current and force a billion or more polarity reversals per second in every food molecule they hit. Production of unnatural molecules is inevitable. Naturally occurring amino acids have been observed to undergo isomeric changes (changes in shape morphing) as well as transformation into toxic forms, under the impact of microwaves produced in ovens. One short-term study found significant and disturbing changes in the blood of individuals consuming microwaved milk and vegetables. Eight volunteers ate various combinations of the same foods cooked different ways. All foods that were processed through the microwave ovens caused changes in the blood of the volunteers. Hemoglobin levels decreased and over all white cell levels and cholesterol levels increased. Lymphocytes decreased. Luminescent (light-emitting) bacteria were employed to detect energetic changes in the blood. Significant increases were found in the luminescence of these bacteria when exposed to blood serum obtained after the consumption of microwaved food."

Quoted from: Health & Science

Another article is on Care2makeadifference

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
You realize they're all the same article, right?

And yes, I had already read that quote from the first page you linked that uses the same article, and it is laughably bogus...

There is no such thing as a DC based radio frequency wave. The hint is in the name itself. It is a wave. Meaning, it's undulating. (swinging both positive and negative) This is what waves do. And the word frequency denotes the number of times the polarity changes every second. DC doesn't alternate at all.

Unless you have altered physics and electrical theory as we understand it, you can't be both a single unwavering polarity (DC) and a wave. You can add a DC offset to a radio wave, (Think of identical height waves in the ocean, but in one instance the water is 1 foot deep, and in the other, the water is 5 feet deep) but to call any radio wave "direct current based" is simply using technical terms that have no meaning. (This is my degree in electronics talking...) This is a method often used to propagate pseudoscience.

And this statement:
A basic hypothesis of natural medicine states that the introduction into the human body of molecules and energies, to which it is not accustomed, is much more likely to cause harm than good.

Is just plain silly.

Our bodies are continually being bombarded with radio waves! (both the "natural DC based" versions from the article, as well as our artificially produced varieties) In fact, if our eyes could see these radio waves, we would effectively be blind. We wouldn't be able to see our hand in front of our face. To attempt to put the point across that our bodies are "not accustomed to" the very "molecules and energies" that it is quite literally bathed in 24 hours a day is quackery of the highest degree. ;)

Edit: Sorry, used an HTML tag instead of BB. :blush:

I

illumination

HeffeD said:
You realize they're all the same article, right?
Yes. i was showing the sources i found them at basically

HeffeD said:
And yes, I had already read that quote from the first page you linked that uses the same article, and it is laughably bogus...

There is no such thing as a DC based radio frequency wave. The hint is in the name itself. It is a wave. Meaning, it's undulating. (swinging both positive and negative) This is what waves do. And the word frequency denotes the number of times the polarity changes every second. DC doesn't alternate at all.

Unless you have altered physics and electrical theory as we understand it, you can't be both a single unwavering polarity (DC) and a wave. You can add a DC offset to a radio wave, (Think of identical height waves in the ocean, but in one instance the water is 1 foot deep, and in the other, the water is 5 feet deep) but to call any radio wave "direct current based" is simply using technical terms that have no meaning. (This is my degree in electronics talking...) This is a method often used to propagate pseudoscience.

I like that you are taking your time to explain, instead of just calling it bogus, gives me something to base your opinion off of.

HeffeD said:
And this statement:
A basic hypothesis of natural medicine states that the introduction into the human body of molecules and energies, to which it is not accustomed, is much more likely to cause harm than good.

Is just plain silly.

Our bodies are continually being bombarded with radio waves! (both the "natural DC based" versions from the article, as well as our artificially produced varieties) In fact, if our eyes could see these radio waves, we would effectively be blind. We wouldn't be able to see our hand in front of our face. To attempt to put the point across that our bodies are "not accustomed to" the very "molecules and energies" that it is quite literally bathed in 24 hours a day is quackery of the highest degree. ;)

Edit: Sorry, used an HTML tag instead of BB. :blush:

So you give no credit to the thought that this could in turn cause a change on the molecular level of the human body with foods "super heated" by a microwave process that is super vibrating at the molecular level.

To say that the fact we are bombarded with EMR daily makes no difference to our overall health is preposterous, since this state of "normal" existence, living amongst EMR pollution, has only been known to the human race for approximately the last 100 years or so. This short period of time, is a mere spark of a neuron in comparision to the entire history of the human race. It cannot be intelligently acceptable to think that we can live like this without dire consequences to our own genetic and molecular health.

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
I could definitely see where it could alter fat molecules and cause some free radical elevations (trans fats) in the body like certain cooking oils that are heated too hot cause; hydrogenated oils, blackened or heavily seared meat, etc. There is no doubt that aggressive heating of any food to fast, or for too long of a period, will at least wipe out the nutritional value of said food. There is a fine line between "bio availability" and destruction of nutrients when it comes to heating food too much, esp. vegetables and fruit.

I like to heat olive oil until it smokes, just before I throw my meat in the skillet. As a result, I always drink Green Tea in place of coffee, and I supplement gingko biloba, N-Acetyl Cysteine, Alpha Lipoic acid, Zinc, Selenium and Ascorbic Acid. I also eat a lot of dark leafy greens and berries for antioxidants. I drink lots of water too and eat plenty of soluble/insoluble fiber to help detox.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
illumination said:
So you give no credit to the thought that this could in turn cause a change on the molecular level of the human body with foods "super heated" by a microwave process that is super vibrating at the molecular level.

No, quite frankly, I don't. Molecules are vibrating all the time. Naturally. When heated up by any process, they will vibrate more quickly.

illumination said:
To say that the fact we are bombarded with EMR daily makes no difference to our overall health is preposterous, since this state of "normal" existence, living amongst EMR pollution, has only been known to the human race for approximately the last 100 years or so. This short period of time, is a mere spark of a neuron in comparision to the entire history of the human race. It cannot be intelligently acceptable to think that we can live like this without dire consequences to our own genetic and molecular health.

Again, no. Sorry... Have you ever heard of radio telescopes? These are telescopes that "listen" to radio waves emitted by the stars. The cosmos is a very noisy place as far as EMF is concerned. We were continually bombarded by radio frequencies long before humans figured out how to transmit radio waves.

In fact, the sun quite regularly emits solar flares that are strong enough to interfere with our radio communications.

Gnosis said:
I could definitely see where it could alter fat molecules and cause some free radical elevations (trans fats) in the body like certain cooking oils that are heated too hot cause; hydrogenated oils, blackened or heavily seared meat, etc. There is no doubt that aggressive heating of any food to fast, or for too long of a period, will at least wipe out the nutritional value of said food. There is a fine line between "bio availability" and destruction of nutrients when it comes to heating food too much, esp. vegetables and fruit.

Actually, have you ever noticed that microwave ovens can't brown food like an oven or skillet? This is because the overall temperature is too low to produce the Maillard reaction. As such, foods cooked in the microwave have less carcinogens (black crusty bits) than baking or frying. Also, most nutrients are lost while cooking food due to the amount of water required during the cooking process. (The nutrients leech out into the water) Microwave cooking requires less water, and takes less time. Thus, a higher concentration of nutrients after cooking. In general, foods cooked in the microwave have no less nutrient value than conventionally cooked foods. Nutritional effects of microwave cooking

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
It is all about heating effects on molecule chains. Do the molecule chains remains stable after certain heating, or do they become unstable, thus free radicals? That is the question in any cooking/food heating scenario.
Now if the microwave were to be able to convert amino acids into prions, that would be deadly. (see Mad Cow disease/chronic wasting syndrome/Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prion

I

illumination

HeffeD said:
illumination said:

Again, no. Sorry... Have you ever heard of radio telescopes? These are telescopes that "listen" to radio waves emitted by the stars. The cosmos is a very noisy place as far as EMF is concerned. We were continually bombarded by radio frequencies long before humans figured out how to transmit radio waves.

In fact, the sun quite regularly emits solar flares that are strong enough to interfere with our radio communications.

So you personally believe that even though the natural state of things has existed as you have stated "As i was aware", that adding to could not effect us in any way shape or form. That a dose is a dose, no matter how concentrated.

One does not need a degree to see the flaw in this abstract view point. Everything in moderation vs excessive.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
illumination said:
So you personally believe that even though the natural state of things has existed as you have stated "As i was aware", that adding to could not effect us in any way shape or form. That a dose is a dose, no matter how concentrated.

One does not need a degree to see the flaw in this abstract view point. Everything in moderation vs excessive.

All I'm saying is that cooking food with radio waves is no more dangerous to us than baking or frying food.

I

illumination

HeffeD said:
illumination said:

All I'm saying is that cooking food with radio waves is no more dangerous to us than baking or frying food.

I think this is where i will agree to disagree. :D
Hope no offense was taking in this lively debate..

D

Deleted member 178

Sometimes in MT we have what i call the "Possessed Thread" , it began by a hidden demonic post (generally it's "i have to disagree" , "that is false") that suddenly possess an innocent thread turning it into a monster thread, victimizing the posters by going into a long debate with valid arguments from both side, but strangely both side sit on their positions; the effect is exorcised when one side write the well-known angelic words "no offense" .

Some precaution must be done to prevent this:

1- draw a pentacle with holy symbols on your desk then place your computer on it
2- draw a circle made of salt around the computer
3- have a bottle of Holy water near you and drink it in case you are victim of the possession.
4- use silver-made hardware and cable for your computer
5- have a exorcist tech guy near you (optional)

Hope you understand now ? :D

I

illumination

Payback said:
Someone will please tell me what do they meant?!?! *confused*

"COGNITIVE DISSONANCE"

Mental conflict that occurs when beliefs or assumptions are contradicted by new information.The concept was introduced by the psychologist Leon Festinger (1919-1989) in the late 1950's. He and later researchers showed that, when confronted with challenging new information,
most people seek to preserve their current understanding of the world by rejecting,explaining away, or avoiding the new information or by convincing themselves that no conflict really exists. Cognitive dissonance is nonetheless considered an explanation for attitude change.

I

illumination

Umbra Corp. said:
Sometimes in MT we have what i call the "Possessed Thread" , it began by a hidden demonic post (generally it's "i have to disagree" , "that is false") that suddenly possess an innocent thread turning it into a monster thread, victimizing the posters by going into a long debate with valid arguments from both side, but strangely both side sit on their positions; the effect is exorcised when one side write the well-known angelic words "no offense" .

1- draw a pentacle with holy symbols on your desk then place your computer on it
3- have a bottle of Holy water near you and drink it in case you are victim of the possession.

LOL at the precautions! Way to make my first laugh of the day! :D

Payback

Verified
Jan 7, 2013
Umbra Corp. said:

LMFAO,no offense but this is false/I have to disagree

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.