Null's config.

NullPointerException

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Aug 25, 2014
I use this PC for : Programming, browsing, gaming, pirating (I do buy games after playing them, although), writing, reading.
My memory is : 4GB DDR-2
I Care For My Security ; Utmost. Although I am not paranoid.
I test Malware on : I do have a VM installed, but I cannot download a Windows 8 ISO with such unstable modem.
My processor : Intel Core 2 Duo E7400.
Any more software you recommend?

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
Never thought about increasing the RAM in your laptop and reinstall an x64 version of Windows ? Also, how come you're still running Windows 8 and not Windows 8.1 ?

Reactions: kiric96

NullPointerException

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Aug 25, 2014
True I forgot about you running a pirated copy of Windows.
How much RAM are you going to add in that build ?
Two GB RAM more. It means that I'll have six GB physical RAM and about five GB virtual RAM. That's going to be cool. ;)

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I've enjoyed reading your configuration, and comments too! You'd mentioned an unstable modem which left you unable to download Windows 8 iso. Recently I'd tried Bit Torrent for the first time after I hadn't known what to do with the small torrent file, and learned, later, this was in fact the key used in order to download the linux iso file I'd needed.;) This turned out to be surprising, amazing, and fast!:cool: Here is a link for Softpedia.com including Bit Torrent, uTorrent, and others.
http://www.softpedia.com/dyn-search.php?search_term=bit torrent&x=0&y=0 ..hope it helps you too!:D

Reactions: vrb93

NullPointerException

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Aug 25, 2014
I've enjoyed reading your configuration, and comments too! You'd mentioned an unstable modem which left you unable to download Windows 8 iso. Recently I'd tried Bit Torrent for the first time after I hadn't known what to do with the small torrent file, and learned, later, this was in fact the key used in order to download the linux iso file I'd needed.;) This turned out to be surprising, amazing, and fast!:cool: Here is a link for Softpedia.com including Bit Torrent, uTorrent, and others.
http://www.softpedia.com/dyn-search.php?search_term=bit torrent&x=0&y=0 ..hope it helps you too!:D
Thank you! While I am aware of Bit Torrent clients, the problem is not my download manager, but the problem is rather my line. I swear that I am going to punch my ISP in fact if they don't come in next three days. What is the problem is, that my line is broken somewhere between my modem to the office of my ISP.

Like for example, I live in Calfornia, my ISP is at street X, while I live in street Z. Between is street Y, I think the cable at street Y is broken, that is why it's causing problems for me. So no matter what client I use for download, it's gonna randomly stutter and shut down.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Thank you! While I am aware of Bit Torrent clients, the problem is not my download manager, but the problem is rather my line. I swear that I am going to punch my ISP in fact if they don't come in next three days. What is the problem is, that my line is broken somewhere between my modem to the office of my ISP.

Like for example, I live in Calfornia, my ISP is at street X, while I live in street Z. Between is street Y, I think the cable at street Y is broken, that is why it's causing problems for me. So no matter what client I use for download, it's gonna randomly stutter and shut down.
I'm sorry to hear it sounds so difficult and frustrating.:mad: They really should fix that connection for you.:confused: Maybe the Bit Torrent can speed your download or at lest pick up where it left off when disconnected,o_O ..or how about downloading the iso somewhere else in the meantime?;)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I would advise against discussing the swashbuckling ways of obtaining software here in the forums.Personally,and I am no saint, I would keep that tidbit of information to myself even if asked and refrain from posting the methods used.
Other than that,it looks good. Thanks for sharing your config :)

NullPointerException

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Aug 25, 2014
I would advise against discussing the swashbuckling ways of obtaining software here in the forums.Personally,and I am no saint, I would keep that tidbit of information to myself even if asked and refrain from posting the methods used.
Other than that,it looks good. Thanks for sharing your config :)
Thanks for the warning, friend. ;)
Also, no problem. ;)

Reactions: Exterminator

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.