Number of Real-time 3rd Party Security products

How many Real-time 3rd Party Security products do you use?

• Total voters

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Do you happen to know the name of the Malwarebytes background service off the top of your head? (if not then don't worry about it) :)
No, I no longer use Malwarebytes or other on-demand scanners. Launch a VM, install Malwarebytes to find out.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Will the other features like ransom-ware protection etc.. will stay active even after disabling real time protection?
No, because the process for those components won't be running. I should have been clear, my example was in regards to Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Never used any other Malwarebytes' software.

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Presently:
1a. 360 Total Security
1b. Private Firewall
3. MBAM Pro
4. EMET 5.2

360 covers alot of ground, so the first two were close. I was trying to decide how many I should say, because 360 includes a sandbox and some HIPS for folder and system/file protection. Private Firewall also has HIPS rules. On browser extensions, NoScript does employ anti-exploit protections as part of the add-on, so it's hard not to include it, even though I didn't to comply with the ground rules for the poll. NS blocks seen and unseen link redirects (when a site silently redirects from one location for a link to another where there could be invisible malware).

I see alot of potential in the concepts in EMET, but I think Comodo Firewall and CIS employ some good memory mitigation techniques natively. EMET doesn't really come with a strategy, and I have had a hard time developing one.

Private Firewall for the ease of managing connections and connection rules. It's really amazing how much easier PF makes this over the Windows firewall. The logging is excellent too, and I like that you can see even what processes do. MBAM in real time is as good as stated far and wide...

XIII

Level 5
Verified
Sep 20, 2016
Two.
Comodo Firewall (à la @cruelsister)
Proactive Security
HIPS disabled
Auto-sandbox all <Untrusted> applications​
HMP.A
Max settings (enabled everything disabled, Vaccination, BadUSB, etc.)​

Reactions: Deleted member 2913

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.