Advice Request Number of Web Browsers installed on your PC?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

ANNOx

Level 2
Sep 26, 2020
I'd advise against using Iridium. It's Chromium build is over 6 months out-of-date and missing 196 security fixes that have been implemented since.
I am trying it out . Planning to go for ungoogled-chromium (Eloston) . Edge is my primary browser but gets buggy sometimes. I just need something for social media and YouTube so i can keep things separate .

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I have the following;
  • Internet Explorer is uninstalled - not used at all.
  • New Microsoft Edge replaces legacy Edge - for it's better privacy options and secondary browser to Chrome.
  • Google Chrome - stores auto-fill forms and passwords that can be used for Android apps logins.
Update:
New Microsoft Edge & Brave Browser.
Switched to LastPass for auto-filling on apps and websites.

Reactions: Protomartyr

Bonorex

Level 1
Jun 12, 2020
I use 4 browsers, with Firefox and Vivaldi serving me as my main browsers. Usually I'm using one of them for streaming videos on one screen and the other one for surfing the web or doing office work on my second screen. I use Chrome and Opera as alternative browsers, when some pages don't display correctly or if there are some occasional problems with one of the browsers. I like Vivaldi's and Opera's possibility of taking a snapshot of an entire webpage and save it as jpg, pdf or html. This feature is really simple to accomplish in these two browsers.

Reactions: Protomartyr

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.