Nuno's security config

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuno

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 26, 2016
Consider some type of backup solution or please edit your config to include what you use for backups.
Make sure you are installing important updates.
Looks good! Thanks for sharing your config :)
Honestly, I don't feel the need to have automatic backups, I do specific files/work backup manually to my external disk or cloud.
I have used CrashPlan before, but I figured I didn't need it at all.
And regarding updates, I have them on automatic, actually. Gonna edit that :p

Nuno

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 26, 2016
Both have far better detection than Malwarebytes and are better regarded in MalwareTips.

Here are some recent tests:

https://www.mrg-effitas.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/MRG-Effitas-360-Assessment-Q3-2016.pdf

Very interesting results, perfectly normal to see secureAplus witha higher detection as it's cloud based with several engines, but wasn't them who had a sort of weird viral advertising scheme? With points that would buy you subscription days of their software by inviting people and sharing stuff? Interesting to see they've come a long way!

And after that video, I sure gotta try those two out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.