Nvidia Fanboy Murdered AMD Fan: Jailed for 9.5 Years

Fritz

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 28, 2015
What is more disturbing is how does one get only 9.5 years for murder?

Because it wasn't I reckon. This sounds like a case of manslaughter, which in most cultures is a lesser offense than murder. Murder is generelly considered to require more criminal energy because of its premeditated nature.

Add to the fact the guy drank himself silly and he gets away with 9.5 years.

And yes, in my world he would be shot for being such a nutcase in the first place. Law ≠ fair. :mad:

Reactions: Wave
W

Wave

And yes, in my world he would be shot for being such a nutcase in the first place. Law ≠ fair. :mad:
IMO it isn't over yet, he will have 9.5 years of problems. As soon as he goes into the prison (maybe he is transferred already) he will be dominated by someone with more power than him and he'll be doing things for others, or getting beaten up, etc. Then eventually once he gets out, he'll have his life ruined because if he is refused a new identity from the law then everyone will know his past of murder and he'll be judged and won't be able to get a job (who would employ a person with a track record like that for genuine work?).

Plus his family members will know about his sentence and will be let down with him, and his friends he had will know about it.

He'll most likely have to relocate to get any sort of future after he's done his time and it'll be tricky even then maybe since he'll need money to do this, plus for all he knows there will be a close person of the victim hunting for revenge.

Not to mention that if any incidents happen behind bars which there almost guaranteed will be somewhere down the line (he's in there for 9.5 years so he has plenty of time to get into problems) he will either end up dead himself or serving a lot longer (since now he has a charge on his record so if anything happens he'll get served more than he would've for a crime if he didn't have a record).

So if you ask me he is pretty much screwed as it is

Reactions: Fritz and DardiM
D

Deleted member 178

I think people missed the point, the Nvidia-AMD was just the match that started the fire , but it is mostly a Russian society issue.

Russian population are heavily alcoholic. Vodka blamed for high death rates in Russia - BBC News

I'm in Vietnam and in the city i live (a popular coastal one) we are invaded by Russian tourists. My ex-gf was working in a 5 start hotel as manager and night she told me that one of 2 russian guests she had murdered his friend on the beach with a vodka bottle during an argue while both were drunk. The sad part was that both of them were going to their hotel to sleep before being picked up by another group of Russians with dozen of alcohol bottles.

I even personally witnesses several fights between Russians during a lunches or dinners... Russian take alcohol very bad , and are mostly very aggressive once drunk.

The Nvidia issue is nothing, the true reason is alcoholism.

Fritz

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 28, 2015
So if you ask me he is pretty much screwed as it is

Absolutely right. I'm really torn about this. On one hand, I think people who served their sentence shouldn't be impaired for the rest of their lives. On the other hand, some cases like this one do get me worked up and I'm glad the leave a lasting impression. I guess in the end it's the needless violence against others making the difference really.

Russian population are heavily alcoholic.

Yes, as far as broad generalizations go, this one is valid. I'm an open-minded and respectful person, but that isn't a one-way street. The Russian folks I've met so far mostly carried themselves in a manner I would consider rather rude and the heavy drinking doesn't serve to improve that impression really.

This may well be a cultural thing, mind you, but this is my personal perception. I know us Germans are often straight-forward and feel the need to comment on things where our opinion isn't asked for which is perceived just as rude in many cultures as well. So of course, I'm not claiming global standard. :p

Also, many cultures have a drinking habit but that doesn't have them smash skulls on a regular basis. We don't put much discretion on the beer part for example. Thing is if you know something makes you go nuts, it's a deliberate decision to give in to it. I know I go batshit crazy on Jack Daniel's, so I stay away from it. Easy as that as far as I'm concerned.

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
I think Nvidia, Amd, knife makers, alcohol makers should be punished. It would have not occurred without all of them ...

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.