Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 14, 2017
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
See image above
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Reinstall the software, disable antivirus
I am trying to get NVidia GeForce Experience to run. However, when I try to run it, windows states that it could not file the file. However, that is, in fact, no true as the file does exist and I have in fact navigated to its folder directly and tried double clicking it. I have tried reinstalling it as well as disabling Emsisoft Antimalware to no avail.
nvidia gforce experience error.png

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Do you need the Geforce experience at all ? For like game optimization wich you can do manually in every game you play. Install only drivers without the geforce bloat if you really dont need it

Bit hard to say whats wrong there :unsure:

Reactions: Viking
Upvote 0

Scorpion Illuminati

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 14, 2017
I use it to get driver notifications and install them.

More info: I don't use any registry cleaners and I have tried right-clicking on the file and clicking "run as administrator".

Upvote 0

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
I got the same problem, I tried a uninstall/reinstall, but not luck. NVDIA is uninstalled at the moment. As @Moonhorse said, do we really need it, as I am not a gamer?

Upvote 0

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
What i would do is just remove nvidia content with geek uninstaller, then install only drivers ( not geforce experience) and choose advanced install > clean install drivers

Geforce experience is just useless, if youre gamer you can have better tweaks manually than let Geforce experience to choose the right settings for you

Only downside is just that you have to everytime download drivers manually, when geforce experience can download the updates right from the app, but just check once a month for latest drivers

Reactions: Viking and plat
Upvote 0

Smoke

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2014
I got the same problem, I tried a uninstall/reinstall, but not luck. NVDIA is uninstalled at the moment. As @Moonhorse said, do we really need it, as I am not a gamer?

The only real reason to use GFE in my opinion is if you're a gamer and want the functions of Shadowplay, if neither of those apply I would do what Moonhorse said and just install the graphics driver.

Upvote 0

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
I had the same problem 3 days ago. It was from windows update. It replace the new drivers nvidia with old version.

Reactions: bribon77
Upvote 0

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
I consider GFE NVIDIA bloatware, like ASUS updater bloatware. But many use it so...

If you must have it and it got corrupted somehow, as a last resort, you can reinstall the whole NVIDIA package after you have removed everything (including registry values) with Display Driver Uninstaller. You need to first have your desired package in Downloads and then break the Internet connection (or Windows will install an ancient driver upon restart from safe mode). Here's a tutorial.

I don't see your specific issue on the current GeForce Experience boards but I admittedly didn't look too much.

Upvote 0

Scorpion Illuminati

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 14, 2017
I consider GFE NVIDIA bloatware, like ASUS updater bloatware. But many use it so...

If you must have it and it got corrupted somehow, as a last resort, you can reinstall the whole NVIDIA package after you have removed everything (including registry values) with Display Driver Uninstaller. You need to first have your desired package in Downloads and then break the Internet connection (or Windows will install an ancient driver upon restart from safe mode). Here's a tutorial.

I don't see your specific issue on the current GeForce Experience boards but I admittedly didn't look too much.

Tried it and it didn't work. I uninstalled GeForce experience as you stated it, is bloatware. I left the control panel, PhysX and drivers. Do I have to remove PhysX as well?

Reactions: bribon77 and plat
Upvote 0

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Oh wow, I was just going to log out. My understanding is that it's a games enhancer and accelerator. It's up to you, really. If you search online, a number of posts say it isn't necessary at all and that very few games demand it. Conversely, I need it for my walking simulator games, they will stutter and stumble without PhysX. But if you're not a gamer or you're sure your games don't need it (wouldn't they prompt on installation?), I would consider it another bloatware and ditch it.

Sorry DDU didn't work for you. But good thing that you got rid of GeForce Experience. :emoji_ok_hand:

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.