Expired O & O Defrag 22 Professional

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Promo page
https://www.oo-software.com/en/special/unp210
How to get a license
[SIZE=6][B]Sign up here for your free full edition of O&O Defrag 22 Professional Edition![/B][/SIZE]
Exclusive offer for KomputerSwiat

[LIST]
[*]Please enter your e-mail address and press "Request free license"
[*]As a registration confirmation you will receive an e-mail - click on the included link to complete the registration.
[*]Please note that due to the many requests for this promotion, it may take longer to create the personalized license.
[*]If you have not received a message, please check your spam folder.
[*]After confirmation, the activation code and the download link will be sent to the specified e-mail address.
[*]Please note that we only create and send one free license per email address.
[/LIST]

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
Firstly, thanks for notifying us of this offer, O&O are one of the better vendors that regularly take this sort of approach.

Secondly and despite what I said above, does anyone know if this version 'phones home' and why if that is the case?

I've used previous versions of O&O Defrag Professional Edition and found that unless I let it 'phone home' that it wouldn't run properly when I opened the software. I didn't really see why this was necessary every time I wanted to use it.

Last edited:

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Firstly, thanks for notify us of this offer, O&O are one of the better vendors that regularly take this sort of approach.

Secondly and despite what I said above, does anyone know if this version 'phones home' and why if that is the case?

I've used previous versions of O&O Defrag Professional Edition and found that unless I let it 'phone home' that it wouldn't run properly when I opened the software. I didn't really see why this was necessary every time I wanted to use it.
Maybe to check license validity? Maybe report usage information?

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
It does a check for updates, I don't know what else though.
Won't be using it for SSD machines.
I use the SSD defrag in v23 and it does lead to a measurable performance improvement with CrystalDiskMark.

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
Thanks to you both.

Maybe to check license validity? Maybe report usage information?

It does a check for updates, I don't know what else though.

Update and license reasons are understandable. Usage reports could help develop new versions of O&O Defrag, but I'd hope that is all it is used for. After years of snooping by software makers, third parties etc it is not just that I'm getting older that makes me skeptical, free means there is a cost somewhere, including when paid for software is offered for free.

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
I use the SSD defrag in v23 and it does lead to a measurable performance improvement with CrystalDiskMark.
Just to confirm my experience I installed this on my SSD machine and compared CrystalDiskMark performance with default settings.

RFxu8fW.png

No meaningful change. Uninstalled and transferred to HDD machine.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
No meaningful change. Uninstalled and transferred to HDD machine.
Quite possibly with v23, you would have have seen increased performance.
SSDs have many advantages: they’re quick, small, and can save enormous volumes of data. And they supposedly can’t be defragmented. But that’s not true because as is the case with any system that wants to save files quickly, files will sooner or later wind up scattered across the entire storage area. Up until now, the methods available for restoring an SSDs original speed have been pretty basic. O&O Defrag 23 introduces the SOLID/COMPLETE method, developed by O&O Software, which achieves an increase in performance that’s never before been possible.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I used 22 & now have 23, the reason I bought O&O is it increased by boot time on a SSD by several seconds, I can't prove it but it did. Maybe there is a shortening of the life of my SSD, they last a long time & are not expensive so from my point of view worth using.- BTW Get well Boris !

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
I've been using the Intel Toolbox that came with the SSD, and it reported that the drive health was around 75 percent. After running the "solid" feature in O&O, the health has gone up to 100.
Have you tried other tools like Hard Disk Sentinel on your drive? I've used it for some time now and trust its abilities to check on the health status of drives highly.

monkeylove

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 9, 2014
Have you tried other tools like Hard Disk Sentinel on your drive? I've used it for some time now and trust its abilities to check on the health status of drives highly.

Thanks. I have it installed and it reports health at 75, which is the estimated life remaining reported by Intel. But it reports performance at 100, which is reported as drive health by Intel.

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
OK, good, I trust its ratings. HDS has
Thanks. I have it installed and it reports health at 75, which is the estimated life remaining reported by Intel. But it reports performance at 100, which is reported as drive health by Intel.
OK, good, HDS has flagged up dying drives a few times and saved me the hassle of data being completely lost by giving me the time to replace them. I'd take it as definitely being time for action.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.