O&O Defrag 24

sepik

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2018
O&O Defrag 24: Optimize Hard Disks And SSDs

Up to 100% increased PC speed: There is nothing worse than when you want to do something on your PC and your computer is running slow. A disk defragmenter used regularly can speed up a PC of any age and get it working like new again!

Don’t let a slow computer spoil your work or fun! Let O&O Defrag optimize your hard disks and – New! – SSDs and you can experience speed increases of up to 100%! Regular disk defragmentation optimizes your PC performance!

When you defragment, the files that Windows splits up when saving documents across the hard disk or SSD are put back in order again so that files can be quickly recognized and found by the SSD or the read and write heads inside your HDD. Speed increases of up to 100% are not uncommon, and your hardware suffers much less wear and tear!

New: O&O Defrag supports Windows CompactOS: Many new things have been added to the O&O Defrag engine that make using it, especially underWindows 10, even better. That‘s why version 24 now supports the Windows 10-integrated featurefor compressing system files so that more space can be kept free.

New function “Install & That’s All”: After installation, no further settings need to be configured. The program selects and implements the defragmentation method best suited to the system

Homepage | Download trial

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
One of the best:

Attachments

• 1600175464406.png
    1600175464406.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 388

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
Thanks for the link roger_m - Bought the 5 PC so it can go on all the PC's - @Freud2004 I think it's simply the best, Better than all the rest, Better than any prog, Any prog I ever met :):) (I'm supposed to be cleaning the house not being stupid)

LOl, this program is supposed to straighten the house. And yes, for me is one of the best.
By the way, I have to vacuum the house, maybe one day i by a Roomba.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
I'm just waiting for people coming here to say defraggers are no longer needed and Windows will do it all...

Anyway, long time O&O user here although they never convinced me to defrag an SSD... but on HD based systems you will feel the difference in file access and boot times.

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
I'm just waiting for people coming here to say defraggers are no longer needed and Windows will do it all...

Anyway, long time O&O user here although they never convinced me to defrag an SSD... but on HD based systems you will feel the difference in file access and boot times.

I believe in the same, until I start using O&O and free something like 5GB in the first time I run this software, and every time it can free 2 or 3 GB of space in SSD.
The SSD should be defrag too, see this video, this guy is around a decade and I trust in is opinion:

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
I have a small question and hope that one of you can answer it. When having the auto defragmentation option enabled, I can't see which defragmentation method O&O is using to optimize my drives. I'm not sure if I should turn it on, as I think it might defrag my SSD with the wrong method. It also has a boottime defrag option which I don't really trust either, cause when using it last time it was running the stealth defragmentation on my SSD while booting, which isn't designed for a SSD. Does anyone know if it's safe to enable auto defrag and boottime defrag anyway?

Reactions: Cortex

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.