Offline protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well it should be enough protection as possible in offline, but its main backbone when connect in the internet from their Cloud Enhanced.

Even other AV's, as long you encountered common viruses like autorun then it will protect you but must be updated always.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@sinu: As I check Panda Free Antivirus, it does not show to click update definitions caused its automatically retrieving from cloud as long you connected in the internet, so when offline it should remain intact from what been collected so far. (Heuristics, generic signatures and behavior analysis)

Kuttz

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 9, 2015
Yes it has a good offline protection according to my tests. Though don't expect much the antivirus to detect Zero Day threats at offline. Anyway I don't think there will be a scenario of Zero Day threats while the PC is in offline mode. Most of the malwares contained on a pen drive, external HDDs are usually dated and will get detected by Panda Antivirus easily and without a sweat. You can feel safe while you are using Panda antivirus.

Reactions: arslan ejaz
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.