Ohcipala's config

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
The changes in Windows 8.1 are improved with the Update 1 release. When you upgrade using the Windows Store, Update 1 will be included, so no need to worry about that.

In my opinion:
Windows 8 vs 8.1 = 8 is better
Windows 8 vs 8.1 Update 1 = 8.1 Update 1 is better

ohcipala

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2014
The changes in Windows 8.1 are improved with the Update 1 release. When you upgrade using the Windows Store, Update 1 will be included, so no need to worry about that.

In my opinion:
Windows 8 vs 8.1 = 8 is better
Windows 8 vs 8.1 Update 1 = 8.1 Update 1 is better
Thanks for the tip Huracan. I'll definitely keep that in mind once I upgrade mine to 8.1 :)

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
This is the 1st I've heard of 183 days.:p;) New (& free) are not always 'better', but in this case they go well together!:)
Search: UAC, & select default "Notify when programs make changes to system" Thanks for sharing your configuration.

Reactions: Rahadian Putra
I

illumination

Agree with the above comments, consider upgrading, enable UAC, and think about some sort of back up, at least a restore disk.. One thing most never think of is hardware failure, and how a restore disk can save loads of time, if not the day.

Reactions: Rahadian Putra

ohcipala

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2014
This is the 1st I've heard of 183 days.:p;) New (& free) are not always 'better', but in this case they go well together!:)
Search: UAC, & select default "Notify when programs make changes to system" Thanks for sharing your configuration.
The thing is that I get really annoyed when those UAC prompt pops-up. I kinda know what's going on my laptop and EMAM has been doing a great job so I'll just disable UAC altogether (for now) :p

ohcipala

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2014
Ok. Next thing on my to-do list is to upgrade it to 8.1 (and maybe enablee UAC). As for restore disk, I have 2 hard drives on my laptop. All my files are on my secondary drive and all installations go to my primary drive. If my primary drive (a Crucial SSD) fails me, then I'll just reinstall Windows. If my secondary drive goes kaput (touchwood), I alrady have them backed-up in my external hard drive.

I

illumination

Ok. Next thing on my to-do list is to upgrade it to 8.1 (and maybe enablee UAC). As for restore disk, I have 2 hard drives on my laptop. All my files are on my secondary drive and all installations go to my primary drive. If my primary drive (a Crucial SSD) fails me, then I'll just reinstall Windows. If my secondary drive goes kaput (touchwood), I alrady have them backed-up in my external hard drive.
An external drive is a form of back up ;) Good to see you have that fail safe in place :)

Reactions: ohcipala

Raul90

Level 14
Feb 5, 2012
Saw that you use Opera as browser, is that the new Opera 12.17? Have not used Opera since they took off bookmarks...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.