Advice Request OkayFreedom VPN vs Seed4.Me VPN

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Wich VPN would you choose?

• OkayFreedom VPN

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Seed4.Me VPN

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
F

ForgottenSeer 823865

Privacy paranoids are all on Mullvad or IVPN, for example with mullvad your account uses a unique serial number, no name, no email and you can pay by cash delivered via good ol papermail.

both have bare metal servers hence not as many servers as others who use infinite virtual servers hosted on servers shared with others...
They both use Wireguard, the new protocol, fastest and more secured.

IVPN is the most expensive, but you pay for quality and real serious Privacy.

Tiamati

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 8, 2016
The speed is good. As for server in the free version there are:
- 2 servers in the US
- 3 servers in the Netherlands
- 3 servers in Japan

Ty @MrBananaxx . I'll give a try. I was trying Windscribe as a free VPN on chrome when i needed. I'll keep protonVPN in mind now.

Nord is as shady as they come in my book.

IVPN and Mullvad both have shown they hold privacy at the highest standard. You haven’t heard of them because they don’t have affiliate advertising (which controls most VPN review sites) and are more expensive. Nord is as shady as it gets. Look for Nord’s ownership. No one takes responsibility for the company and they are owned by a shell company which may or may not be owned by a data mining organization. They hide behind ‘security’ and have zero responsibility. If they turned out to be mining people’s data or acting in any underhanded manner there is no one to be held responsible.

First time i saw bad things about Nord. But you do have a point. Anyway, i suggest you this article from Sven... he has some good material there
Privacy paranoids are all on Mullvad or IVPN, for example with mullvad your account uses a unique serial number, no name, no email and you can pay by cash delivered via good ol papermail.

both have bare metal servers hence not as many servers as others who use infinite virtual servers hosted on servers shared with others...
They both use Wireguard, the new protocol, fastest and more secured.

IVPN is the most expensive, but you pay for quality and real serious Privacy.

I've already heard about Wiregard but never paid too much attention. Ty for clarifying. Ty for all of you.
======

Btw, I understand that there are some great VPN options outhere. I've heard good things apout ExpressVPN, PIA, SurfShark, Vyper, trust zone. And some bad things about PureVPN, IVACY, etc... Anyway, the idea behind this post is about getting a "premium" service for free with acceptable quality. Okayfreedom for example seems to satisfy that criteria. Maybe between and option like Okayfreedom premium - free for a year - and others freemium services, Okayfreedom would be a better idea. That is my point.

Bonus question: have you already heard about
KeepSolid VPN Unlimited

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
First time i saw bad things about Nord. But you do have a point. Anyway, i suggest you this article from Sven... he has some good material there

I appreciate Sven and his work, but I don’t trust him implicitly (not to mention all of his recommended services are affiliates). Also no one in that situation stepped up and took responsibility for Nord as a company. They just said it wasn’t true for various vague reasons. They have curious accusations thrown at them regularly. They may or may not be founded, but Nord gives me no grounds to trust them on, and a lot to question. Also, any negative comments or accusations on reddit are either drowned out or deleted. In fact a lot information disappears anytime concerns are raised with them. It just doesn’t build trust. Just explaining my lack of trust, I have no grudge. Most likely they are just reselling bandwidth from server farms like the rest of the VPN crowd.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.