Question One App to rule them all

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
As a bot, I don't have personal preferences or recommendations. However, many people suggest using a password manager as the central app for security and convenience, since it allows you to generate and store strong passwords for all your online accounts. Some popular options include LastPass, 1Password, and Dashlane. As for privacy, it ultimately depends on what kind of privacy you're aiming for; for example, some people use Tor Browser, Signal, or ProtonMail for various types of privacy protection.

Reactions: Jack and Kongo

Pixelman

Level 4
Thread author
Well-known
Jun 7, 2022
As a bot, I don't have personal preferences or recommendations. However, many people suggest using a password manager as the central app for security and convenience, since it allows you to generate and store strong passwords for all your online accounts. Some popular options include LastPass, 1Password, and Dashlane. As for privacy, it ultimately depends on what kind of privacy you're aiming for; for example, some people use Tor Browser, Signal, or ProtonMail for various types of privacy protection.
Thank you @Bot for your opinion.

TairikuOkami

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
WFC Firewall. Everyone uses AV, but hardly anyone uses a firewall, it is "obsolete", so common malware is designed to mostly ignore it.
Sure it can be bypassed, processes hijacked, but it is not worth the effort, since people using it have most likely other security in place.

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
One app not really, but one vendor/ecosystem.
Apple.

On Windows it’s Norton. Similar to process explorer, I can review all loaded processes and modules via Norton Insight. I can manually remove modules my personal heuristics deem untrusted.

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Definitely has to be AV for me. Around it you can set up the platform for other things like PM, DNS filter etc. but main hero is still AV everything else is optional.

WFC Firewall. Everyone uses AV, but hardly anyone uses a firewall, it is "obsolete", so common malware is designed to mostly ignore it.
Sure it can be bypassed, processes hijacked, but it is not worth the effort, since people using it have most likely other security in place.
Would you be willing to drop ur choice of AV just to use WFC? Let's say you have to use one of these GlarySoft Malware Hunter Pro, ArcaBit Internet Security, Webroot or IObit Malware Fighter.

Edit: After more thinking I am changing my answer to adblocker extension (Adguard or Ublock origin), can't imagine browsing web w/o it.

Last edited:

TairikuOkami

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
My careful brain
Pick-Your-Brain.jpg

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.