enaph

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
OneClickFirewall is a small app which will give you the ability to block any app from accessing the Internet. It integrates with the Explorer context menu. All you need to do is right click the application you want to block and select "Block Internet Access".
NmSE04I.png

OneClickFirewall is compatible with Windows 10, Windows 8 and Windows 7. It should work in Windows Vista too, but currently I am not able to test it.

OneClick Firewall in action:

Download:
Code:
http://winaero.com/request.php?1886

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
It's riskware (low risk) :)

BTW, this is in EULA.

You are not allowed to sell or to rent this software. You are not allowed to reverse engineer this software.

This software is distributed 'as-is', without any express or implied warranty. The author is not responsible for possible damage, which is caused by use of the software.

Last edited:

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
@pablozi
I woke up Reason Core to have a go at this and this was the result:
RCS_Scan_06092016.png

RCS_Scan_END_06092016.png

Didn't trigger any warnings for me ?
I will try installing on a laptop and post any ill effects.
PeAcE

Here is the EULA in full as written by the author:
Looks pretty standard to me.....

"This software is provided free of charge by Winaero.com but Sergey Tkachenko, called futher as "author", retains copyright. You are not allowed to make any copies or redistribute this software including but not limited to making the software available for download or making this software part of a software CD or any other media compilation. For the exception case you should contact the author directly via email to get the permission.

You are not allowed to sell or to rent this software. You are not allowed to reverse engineer this software.

This software is distributed 'as-is', without any express or implied warranty. The author is not responsible for possible damage, which is caused by use of the software.

You can get more information on the software homepage:
Winaero - Free small and useful software for Windows
E-mail: hb860@live.ru"

Last edited:

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I have a fully cloned drive, so i took a chance and installed this on my main machine.
What, I'm bored :)
At install it does have a bundled app, see SS.
After install I right clicked on my Origin game client and the options I was presented are below in the last SS.
My process manager is showing no malware related additions, I checked in Process Lasso as well.
Install:
Install_SS_06092016.png

Context Menu Additions:
SS_06092016.png

In my opinion this is not a dangerous software, although it does need better packaging.
Thank You Pablozi :)
PeAcE

Last edited:

Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
I wanted to ask about this app 1-2 days ago I think , because I check VT too.

Anyway I tried it on a useless netbook and it seems to work , I tried blocking the browsers

It is interesting that you can block also processes : task manager -> right click on a process-> show file path ( or something like that , I am translating from Italian ) and then you find the " .exe" of that process and block it from accessing the Internet ( if it does )

Last edited:

juhful

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
Winaero software is not malicious, actually the bundled Tweaker software is a very cool customizing tool for Windows. I have not tried the firewall and believe any security alerts are false positives, as the Tweaker app gets flagged by a lot of Av's even though it's safe.

Reactions: Ink

Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
During the installation I did not tick the bundled app anyway

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
It'll be submitted on the next signature update.

I added it to the URL exclusions, but after the File Shield notification it disappeared from URL exclusions. :confused::confused: I opened the Virus Chest (Quarantine) and added to global exclusions. It's a minor inconvenience having to exclude the file twice.

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

enaph

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
The new build has been published - 1.0.0.2
This version solves the FP issues by all vendors except AVAST! and McAfee.
Code:
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/f4f1d3977622acef3fdd46f06f2526db189eef9a46d4846ceac7fcde336d3148/analysis/1465488453/
KjDjGit.png

Download:
Code:
http://winaero.com/request.php?1886

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Update @pablozi you can let the dev know.

No longer detected by Avast Antivirus. :)

It was a false positive. The detection will be disabled in the new virus definitions update.

To update virus definition: open Avast and go to > Settings (gear icon) > Update > Virus Definitions - click "Update"

Note: if it is still detected, please allow few hours (up to 24 hrs) and check again

I submitted a ticket and should be resolved, perform a virus definition update in Avast Antivirus. No longer detected by Avast's Web or File Shield, no interference from DeepScreen or Hardened (Moderate) Mode.

However, when I run the file it sits in memory, but I don't see the context menu options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.