Online armor ON?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttomm46

Thread author
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
After installing emisoft I had to turn off windows firewall manually...Is that normal?

blues

Level 1
Apr 30, 2011
Normally, Online Armor shuts off the Windows firewall but I think it's happened to me in the past if I recall correctly. I wouldn't be concerned.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Did you reboot your system after installing Emsisoft?

Sometimes it won't disable Windows Firewall until system reboot.

Thanks. :D

ttomm46

Thread author
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
Littlebits said:
Did you reboot your system after installing Emsisoft?

Sometimes it won't disable Windows Firewall until system reboot.

Thanks. :D

I did ant it worked

ttomm46

Thread author
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
I'm not sure Emisoft isn't giving me a lot of false positives....I know one in quarantine is from a good known program.

ctrlaltdelete

Oct 9, 2012
ttomm46 said:
I'm not sure Emisoft isn't giving me a lot of false positives....I know one in quarantine is from a good known program.

Why did you quarantine the file if you think it's a False Positive?
Next time, if the same file is detected, rightclick the detected object in the scan result and report it as a False Positive. If it's really a False Positive they will remove the malware signature for this file.

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
ttomm46 said:
Very unusual?
Was this from Emsisoft Anti-Malware or Online Armor.
As previous poster said if FP please report, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.