Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Never heard either of them, could you provide information and links about the 2 products.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Why on earth would you ever pay for a defragger or want to have one constantly running in the background (as far as I can remember they have an automatic background monitoring....which has no real use in the real world)? I've used both of them and I can tell you that you are wasting your time and money with this 'PRO' software... they are bloated , useless and take system resources.
If you really want a good and free defragger try Auslogics Disk Defrag.

D

Deleted member 178

i think the same as Jack, i used Perfect Disk before (so i vote for it) but later i tried Iobit Smart Defrag 2 (it is free), and you know what ? it does the same as PD (the cluster map was identical).

Account

Thread author
Oct 19, 2011
my bad here u go

http://www.raxco.com/home/home-professional.aspx

http://www.oo-software.com/en/products/oodefrag/professional
I got license for both
OO Defrag Pro got from a promo
and my wife bought raxco license but dose not like it
I dont like Puran Defrag. and wont use anything from Iobit
Auslogics Disk Defrag. useing at the moment
the problem is i have a 1 ter bite portable hard drive I use at work and home
and every week 50 gigs of data are written copied and added to and moved around it
and every time i Defrag it with Auslogics it takes up to 3 hours .

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
50gb is a lot i find when it has to defrag quite a bit it can take longer, with new data written all the time it will keep wanting to defragment it all but i find auslogics a very quick defragmenter its my favourite i would never pay for something when i can get another great product for free. Out of the two if i had to vote i would vote for OO Defrag but i dont think its needed.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
I have "only" try O&O Defrag.
I think it's pretty effective, I use that on my old laptop around the beginning of year 2011. may be a little longer than Auslogics Disk Defrag.

sorry off topic.
I would suggest to use Auslogics Disk Defrag.

but, since you only gave us two options. I choose O&O Defrag.

mhartsellm

Mar 8, 2011
PerfectDisk 12 Pro is great, just enable Opiwrite, StealthPatrol, and S.M.A.R.T Monitoring and then just forget about it. I have used O&O in the past and it did a fine job as well but PerfectDisk was my clear choice.

My impression of the free products were, WOW how can anything this simple and work that fast still be as effective. No I don't think so.:dodgy:

D

Deleted member 178

problem with all realtime defraggers is the strain they put on the HDD for permanently defragging it, Windows built-in defragger already do it, so add another one in RT is (IMO) not worthy.

P

Plexx

i used O&O on my 2nd laptop and PD on my main one. guess ill now have to swap and see the difference. any tips for a comparison?

mhartsellm

Mar 8, 2011
My friends here make a valid point about real time defragging putting stress on your hard disk drive, however it's in fact IMO a double edge sword. When the files are kept organized and placed close together with regular use the HDD works much less which will in fact extend the life of the HDD.

I use my hard drive constantly, if I never used it I guess it would last forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.