Opera 12 Build 1033 Released. Download now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneTutorials

Thread author
May 19, 2011
If you are an Opera Beta tester, here is a good news for you! Opera team has started working on next major release of Opera web browser Opera 12 codenamed "Wahoo" and a new testing build 1033 is available for download which contains numerous Core updates and fixes, plus some very interesting mail work.

According to Opera's official announcements:

Some highlights include HTML5 Microdata work and network latency improvements on the Core side, and new QRESYNC support for Opera's mail client, M2.

For those not familiar, QRESYNC is an IMAP extension that enables you to synchronize message metadata using much less overhead. It allows clients to request all changes since the last time they were connected, instead of having to check each message for changes. Not all IMAP servers support it, but Opera's Fastmail and My Opera Mail of course lead the way. This change should be particularly welcome for users on capped or slow connections.

This build also contains improvements to the database backends used in Opera's mail client, M2. They will now create less fragmented files, allowing for faster writing and retrieving of data (though this does not apply to upgraded mail profiles).

One small extra point with regards to the Core network latency fixes, just to avoid confusion. You will not see any real difference testing against popular benchmarks (which focus on rendering and JavaScript performance); this kind of work is more likely to have an impact on regular "day to day" browsing. However, it can result in pages loading in half the time! up You are most likely to see a difference if you have a poor network connection and others may notice improved performance when connecting to a webserver hosted on another continent.

ds.png

Download now:

Thank You.

eXPerience

Level 1
Mar 7, 2011
Please note that this is not a beta version but a developers version. This will install opera next and is not meant to be used as a standard browser...
thanks for the post, but rather old news ?

love to see how they keep improving this browser !

best regards,
eXp

CycloneTutorials

Thread author
May 19, 2011
eXPerience said:
Please note that this is not a beta version but a developers version. This will install opera next and is not meant to be used as a standard browser...
thanks for the post, but rather old news ?

love to see how they keep improving this browser !

best regards,
eXp

This is for Opera users who want to try the new version of Opera, thanks for the alert.
I got the news just now, thought I'd shared with MalwareTips. :cool:

eXPerience

Level 1
Mar 7, 2011
Ah that explains ;). always follow the blog (for the users that didn't know this...) ^^ http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog/

eXp

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
That's why I don't use it. :p

Edit: I have used it in the past, but it never really suited me.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
CycloneTutorials said:
win7holic said:
i never use opera, when i first touch the computer :p

Same here, :p
Its installed in my PC, but never used it :p

you install it, but my machine never install it.
if you not use it, why not to uninstall it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.