Opera 27 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonX

Level 9
Thread author
Apr 13, 2012
Hi,

Been hearing a great deal about the speed of Opera 27 and I was convined that I want to try that out. But I encountered some hiccups. I feel like an old granny with Opera 27!!

So am here to ask how you guys operate Opera 27...? This is a first spin in a long time so I am like a granny asking questions. It's been a while since I have used Opera so I was shocked and confused on Opera 27. I could not even place my imported bookmarks in the quick access bar. I miss the Bookmarks Manager :( See image below.

tTa1ZUz.png

How do you guys do it...?

I do not see the "Preferences" or something like that...I see settings but it's not like that of the old Opera.

Also I wanted to change the size of the speed dial icons it's too big for me and eats upa lot of space. May I know how is it done..?

jQgC45i.png

How can I set the default zoom to just 90..? I keep on going back to zoom each time I visit a page and lower it down to 90...

I miss the settings when I was using Opera portable 12.17. I couldset what I want there..

Pt3BwZV.png

irw0aix.png

Anyway as mentioned I like the speed as compared to Chrome and Mozilla based browsers but really I am confused using it. It will get me some time before I can get a hang of it..

Just wanna ask for you guys to share some of your tips so I will not be confused using Opera 27 please :) Thanks guys!

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Sven

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 5, 2013
Well, all I know is bookmark controls are still nasty, and has to be fixed.

Reactions: jasonX
D

Deleted member 21043

Hello @jasonX,

Have you heard of Vivaldi? It's a new browser, being developed by the/at least some members of the Opera team.

You might want to test it out, it's currently in the Tech Preview Beta stages. Maybe you will like it.

However, tomorrow I will install Opera and see if I can answer all of your questions related to Opera, if you haven't found them out or told of them by someone else. :)

Cheers. ;)

jasonX

Level 9
Thread author
Apr 13, 2012
@kram7750,
Thanks dude! Yes I heard od Vivaldi and am still reading the post of guru Petrovic :) I'll wait on the tips for Opera 27.

@Sven,

Yeah it still confuses me as I use it now...but the speed is really different. It is fast.

jasonX

Level 9
Thread author
Apr 13, 2012
Are there any issues with Opera Turbo..? If I remember correctly there was an issue about security way back some time ago in the classic days...is it still an issue on proxy usage (I think..)..anyone..?

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hi jasonX. I like Opera, and am also relatively new using this newer Opera which as you've observed is very different now that it's Chromium based, and no longer uses it's former & much loved Presto engine. It also uses Blink rendering as does The Big Brother from Google, so it's essentially a clean looking alternative to Chrome.

Something I found to be a very nice suprise, and which I stumbled upon quite accidentally was a way to place my imported bookmarks from Firefox's bookmark bar onto the very 1st space of speed dial, all of them in one place!:):) If you'd like to try this:
  1. Go to bookmarks, & choose "Show all bookmarks".
  2. Find the imported bookmarks file you wish to implement. Example: Imported Firefox bookmarks bar
  3. By rolling onto the file symbol will appear. Choose the one that's between edit & 'X', a circle with eight dots.
  4. <click> this button to send the bookmarks to a single speed dial square.:cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: jasonX and jamescv7

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Are there any issues with Opera Turbo..? If I remember correctly there was an issue about security way back some time ago in the classic days...is it still an issue on proxy usage (I think..)..anyone..?

Regarding in Opera Turbo, use this if you are connecting to a slow internet connection but mostly these days 2 MBPS above are already reliable.

Expect flash video to not work with Opera Turbo enabled since its uses to shrink the original website content page.

jasonX

Level 9
Thread author
Apr 13, 2012
I am so sorry, I forgot to reply to the thread and I said I would with solutions to things.

Are your issues resolved or do you require help with something? :)

I am still trying it out but please do try it also and post some observations also. Some tricks you may find or discover will be very welcome. As of the moment I see that the faster way I can navigate is to open the bookmarks tab and select from there the site I wish to visit. The one I place in the speed dial takes me longer as my screen is small and the display is many. I may have to add each separate folder in the speed dial to make it faster. Will soon try that.

bAUnKXH.png

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Debbie30

Apr 19, 2015
Hi! Thanks for good tips. I often use anonymous web surfing, but do not trust free proxy lists available on the Internet. So I bought on the website http://buy.fineproxy.org/eng/ list of IP-addresses of proxy servers. I found that with proxy servers running the fastest web browser Opera 27 (compared with Internet Explorer and Google Chrome).So I use thatweb browser to anonymous web-surfing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.