CyberTech

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Blog:
When Opera Software launched its new Opera GX web browser last year, it did so only for desktop operating systems and not mobile operating systems.

Opera GX turned out to be quite the success for Opera Software, and the company released several updates since the initial release that extended the browser's functionality. Updates introduced a network limiter, Discord support, background music playback, and more.

The main idea behind Opera GX was to create a browser for gamers. Distinguishing factors are the colorful interface of the browser and the integration of game news and information.

The rest, image and video

Last edited by a moderator:

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Not much to configure there , except setting adblocker on and cookie warnings off & choose some cool ui thats pretty much sums it

Edge has better adblocking on android, could switch to opera...but its always same rip-off than before, too much hype for nothing

Opera on desktop is fine, the normal one

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
So, the normal one is fine, but GX is not? It has everything that the normal one does and then some. That makes no sense.
Stable is being updated more frequently ( check release notes/ )
No home button last time i used desktop opera gx
Difference on ://flags
Stable actually has less bloat

I even like opera, but other browsers just are ahead of it

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
No home button in desktop GX? :unsure:🤷‍♂️ I can't recall that specific at all and very possible the same still today, but that was for sure never the deal breaker for me when I decided to ditch GX. Flags I nowadays avoid in any browser, as I managed to screw it up well enough. Read and follow browser vendors warnings is highly recommended, and extra so when the browser even warns about it highlighted.

Seems they sort of integrated parts of the Touch version in this GX mobile version when watching the video. I might give it a test on my phone, but I can wait for the stable version.

Templarware

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Mar 13, 2021
Stable is being updated more frequently ( check release notes/ )
Stable actually has less bloat

I even like opera, but other browsers just are ahead of it
I've been using it for some time, it gets updated frequently. the home button was removed intencional since it's not needed. I wonder what do you call "bloat"... if you think it's bloat then obviously the normal Opera is better for you. If you like it simple and with less features, other browsers will be "ahead" of Opera for sure.
I'm yet to see a browser with the same cool features of Opera. Even if some others do have features which are similar in theory, they're not the same in practice.

I'm already using the Beta on android, it's based on the same innovative interface of Opera Touch, which is cool. So, it's not like the normal Opera, it's like Opera Touch but with the cool skins and GX Corner. Let's see what else the future brings.

Last edited:

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
No home button in desktop GX? :unsure:🤷‍♂️ I can't recall that specific at all and very possible the same still today, but that was for sure never the deal breaker for me when I decided to ditch GX. Flags I nowadays avoid in any browser, as I managed to screw it up well enough. Read and follow browser vendors warnings is highly recommended, and extra so when the browser even warns about it highlighted.

Seems they sort of integrated parts of the Touch version in this GX mobile version when watching the video. I might give it a test on my phone, but I can wait for the stable version.

Once you had to set up a flag to remove ads from search engine using ublock origin or any other adblocker

CyberTech

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017

Get ready gamers,
No longer is Opera GX a lone wolf, as it is now perfectly paired with its own mobile companion. Opera GX, the world’s first mobile browser designed for gamers, is finally here with lots of features that you already know from the Opera GX desktop browser (on both Windows and macOS), as well as a few of its own tricks – custom skins, built-in ad blocker, ergonomic navigation with haptic feedback, and gaming news & deals, for a start.

Officially released today on Android and iOS

That’s right! Today (June 15th), on the final day of E3, we are officially launching Opera GX for mobile. This is great news for all of you who already use Opera GX, along with those who want to bring their gaming style to mobile when they’re on the move.

Opera GX is freely available on Android and iOS: Android buffs click here and proud iPhone holders click here.

Full article

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.