Opera is about to be sold to a Chines group, even antivirus Qihoo 360.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I have enjoyed Opera browsers over the years for their high performance & innovations in development. Confidence & trust shall remain as highly valued a quality contained in a browsing "vehicle" as an automotive one, so my hope is that Opera shall continue to be created by a team whom cares.
Opera is a free brower, i guess it doesn't afford much incomes. So if someone is ready to pay me a lot for it , i will sell it right away. business is business.
If you were going to sell a beloved "Umbra browser" for a lot of money, my wish would be that you'd reinvest some of your riches to develop the "Umbra-valdi" browser for all your loyal followers!;) :D

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
I wonder if they would tag-line every title like that "Software X sold to German company", "Software Y sold to Indian company". I'd say this is a click-bait article and racial stereotyping. For me, I've a neutral stand to any company from every part of the globe. It's not where you are from but, what you are and what you have created that matters the most.

As far as Qihoo is concerned they have already made a damn good antivirus, but not so good browser. If they can retain some of the members of the original Opera team, maybe there is hope. I've always loved how Opera used to innovate and other browsers follow it.

gonzalo

Level 2
Verified
May 20, 2014
i was an opera user back in the day, but when they changed to chrome i switch to firefox. never liked chrome browsers

Last edited:
Reactions: kev216 and Jrs30
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.