Updates Opinion: The first Patch Tuesday of '21; time to delay updates

SecurityNightmares

Level 40
Verified
Jan 9, 2020
After required PC reboot, it ends with Bluescreen for me which i doesn't get for years.

Then i manual shutdown and Windows start repairing including revert latest Update.

Edit: bluescreen code is "BAD_POOL_CALLER"
Need to check that
Fixed. On a news site i read about Intel WiFi & Bluetooth driver update and my MSI board use Intel for that..
So as MSI doesn't provide the new update yet and Windows doesn't check for new driver, i manually update them.

-> Fixed

Jan Willy

Level 7
Jul 5, 2019
SecurityNightmares said: 'I read about Intel WiFi & Bluetooth driver update and my MSI board use Intel for that..'. I have a MSI laptop with these drivers. Intel Driver & Support Assistant gives me always a sign that updates are available. I never wait till MSI signals me. The Windows update went flawless, as usual.

Last edited:

mlnevese

Level 24
Verified
May 3, 2015
I actually have an interesting problem after the update. I use Dynamic Themes to set my desktop and lock screen images. After the update it can n longer access the Spotlight images but can download Bing images normally. If I set the lock screen to Spotlight in personalization preferences it works normally.

SecurityNightmares

Level 40
Verified
Jan 9, 2020
I actually have an interesting problem after the update. I use Dynamic Themes ´to set my desktop and lock screen images. After the update it can n longer access the Spotlight images but can download Bing images normally. If I set the lock screen to Spotlight it works normally also...
Maybe that's the reason why they're removed desktop theme from sync

F 4 E

Level 3
Jan 27, 2019
Hi, all. Since installing the latest cumulative update {KB4598242}, the safe browsing icons are not appearing in site searches.

It happens in both Kaspersky Internet Security, and F-Secure Safe, and in all browsers.

Has anyone else had the same problem ?

Fwiw, icons appear in Bing (shudder), but not in Google Search.

Last edited: