Opinion: The first Patch Tuesday of '21; time to delay updates

F

ForgottenSeer 85179

After required PC reboot, it ends with Bluescreen for me which i doesn't get for years.

Then i manual shutdown and Windows start repairing including revert latest Update.

Edit: bluescreen code is "BAD_POOL_CALLER"
Need to check that
Fixed. On a news site i read about Intel WiFi & Bluetooth driver update and my MSI board use Intel for that..
So as MSI doesn't provide the new update yet and Windows doesn't check for new driver, i manually update them.

-> Fixed

Jan Willy

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 5, 2019
SecurityNightmares said: 'I read about Intel WiFi & Bluetooth driver update and my MSI board use Intel for that..'. I have a MSI laptop with these drivers. Intel Driver & Support Assistant gives me always a sign that updates are available. I never wait till MSI signals me. The Windows update went flawless, as usual.

Last edited:

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
I actually have an interesting problem after the update. I use Dynamic Themes to set my desktop and lock screen images. After the update it can n longer access the Spotlight images but can download Bing images normally. If I set the lock screen to Spotlight in personalization preferences it works normally.

F 4 E

Level 3
Verified
Jan 27, 2019
Hi, all. Since installing the latest cumulative update {KB4598242}, the safe browsing icons are not appearing in site searches.

It happens in both Kaspersky Internet Security, and F-Secure Safe, and in all browsers.

Has anyone else had the same problem ?

Fwiw, icons appear in Bing (shudder), but not in Google Search.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.