Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
The launch video is here

Some pointers

1) No mention of how sound is reproduced. I guess it should be using traditional speakers unlike those of Screen SoundCasting technology by VIVO Nex (i.e. using the screen to produce sound)

Introducing Vivo Nex, the ‘first all-screen smartphone’ with an elevating front camera - Tech News | The Star Online

2) Curved edges like the Samsung S9 Plus

Not very comfortable to hold as its slippery.

3) Slide up/down for cameras and sensors

Not sure how reliable this will be in the long run if use in dusty environment

4) No 4K@60 fps

Well..........OPPO, VIVO and ONEPLUS are from the same parent company, BBK, with OPPO as the big brother so I suppose each has to differentiate itself from the others

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Poll vote = no.

One of my favourite phones.
1529502128561.png

Image Source: GSMArena.com - Sony Ericsson C902 with Cybershot 5MP camera.

Reactions: harlan4096

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Well i think the hidden pop-up camera is really bad when you can see the new motherboard or GPU or something at the event you gonna try to take a pic/record it they said no camera its against rule something like this because they might notice when hidden pop-up camera...

Last edited:
Reactions: vtqhtr413

motox781

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015
Cool looking phone. Mechanical pop-up...nah...

I think that will be advanced soon where anything mechanical will not be needed anymore.

I am also not a fan of Infinity curved type screens (similar to S8 and S9). I'd rather edge to edge screens such as Iphone X...minus the notch.

Reactions: CyberTech

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.