Level 59
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Need opinions on the most "efficient' internet security suite for someone (a friend) who is prone to visiting dangerous websites and clicking on anything he sees on the page and has been infected countless times!:rolleyes:

Thanks!

Venustus

Level 59
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Paid or Free,(I use Kaspersky myself), but he found it too heavy when he tried it as it slowed down his browsing.I mean he's on the net 12hrs a day non stop!o_O

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
I use Sandboxie, WSA, and CIS 6. They are smooth even when used together, so if only SB and WSA are used that sluggishness caused via Kaspersky will be a thing of the past.

Reactions: Venustus

tapoo

Level 4
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
Forticlient also is a good free alternative with Sandboxie, forticlient web protection is best in the class....
BTW, your friend online for 12 hours, that surely good for his ISP :)

DaZa9

Level 8
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
I recommend installing AdBlockPlus as browser extension. GData, Bullgaurd, Kaspersky, their web protection seems to be very effective

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
What does he have on there now?

By clicking on anything he sees and visiting dangerous websites nothing is going to protect him against everything.

I think the first thing would be to download and Install Sandboxie and show him how to use it and teach him to run his browsers sandboxed

What Suite depends on System and Specs,I would recommend ESET or Emsisoft Internet Security Pack.

Reactions: Venustus and Gnosis

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Some light AV like webroot or eset (paid), comodo or avast (free)
adblock
trafficlight (optional)
and sanbox his browser.

Venustus

Level 59
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
He's actually using AVG (on Win7 laptop) because he thinks it's light,I installed kaspersky but he found it heavy.
I explained to him that he shouldn't be clicking on everything but he can't help himself,even though he gets a browser warning that the page is unsafe!!:confused:
He was involved in a serious workplace accident and is on leave for the next 6 months,and he spends an enormous amount of time online.
Thanks for the suggestions!!:)

Venustus

Level 59
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Installed sandboxie and using the trial version of Webroot,so far so good!
Thanks everyone for your invaluable contributions!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.