Advice Request OSArmor compatibility & full uninstall

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

South Park

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 23, 2018
In my experience, OSA 1.4.2 did not uninstall cleanly and in fact left behind two drivers in system32/drivers. After a lot of problems with OSA stopping unexpectedly, I manually deleted the leftovers and re-reinstalled it, now testing and hoping I can keep it.
Update: after I deleted the stray drivers and clean reinstalled it, OSA has been running OK through a Windows update and multiple reboots. I hope it keeps working, because I like the extra layer of protection at a usage of only 4 MB of RAM.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.