Advice Request OSArmor Free v1.4.3 - Anyone have a copy?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Antimalware18

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
Bringing this back to life. Anyone have a current link to 1.4.3? every link ive found online or on here is no longer working.

Cheers!

BigWrench

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014

Thales

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2017
The link is working
I checked with Virscan and virustotal.

1679214221657.png

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 97327

Mwwaah, the latest freeware version is usable but has some issues due to it age

1. MSI
It does not monitor MSI (installers), so it does not block all executables. You have to block the Microsoft Executables which install those MSI's which is like shooting with a canon on a fly

2. DotNet DLL
It don't know whether this old version can block dotNet DLL's running in user folders (as far as I know Software Restriction Policies can't block dotNet DLL's running from user folders neither)

3. Internal command blacklist data base has aged
The charm of OS-Armor is that it had a lot of internal rules to block specific command based/ fileless attacks

On the plus side a lot of the options are still valuable hardening tweaks, but when all those pages of OS Armor options don't ring a bell to you, I think using Hard_Configurator in recommended setting (SWH-like mode) plus blocking sponsors might be a better idea.

NormanF

Level 7
Verified
Jan 11, 2018

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.