Basic Security Oten's Security Config

Last updated
Apr 25, 2018
Windows Edition
Enterprise
Security updates
Check for updates and Notify
User Access Control
Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer (do not dim my desktop)
Real-time security
Kaspersky Anti Virus 2019, OS Armor, Exe Radar 4, SysHarderner, SmadAV, WFC
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
ZAM, NPE, EEK, ADW Cleaner, NoBot
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Firefox, HTTPS Everywhere, Dark Reader, Cookies Auto Delete
Maintenance tools
Privazer, R-Wipe & Clean, Wash & Go, Uninstall Tool, Registry First Aid, ScanMyReg, Win10Privacy, YamicSoft Win10 Manager, Tweaking.com Windows repair
File and Photo backup
Macrium Reflect, Drive Snapshot
System recovery
Macrium Reflect, Drive Snapshot

Electr0n

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Feb 19, 2018
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware V2 has reached it's EOL on 08 June 2017. Judging by your configuration, maybe you're using the free version for on demand scans only. So why haven't you updated to v3 yet?
Also EEK, Malwarebytes & hitman pro are more than enough for regular on-demand scans.

Last edited:

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
I think that it is a safe setting with no shortage. :)
However, I felt that there were too many on-demand scanners. If there are many inspectors, erroneous detection also increases proportionally. There are on-demand scanners that reside at startup, so please also consider refining.
Thank you for sharing:D

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I would use ZAM Free, EmsiSoft EEK and Norton Power Ereaser as on demand scanners, since none of them have engines in common with the others... also MalwareBytes for Windows + AdwCleaner for PUPs...

Oten

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 12, 2018
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware V2 has reached it's EOL on 08 June 2017. Judging by your configuration, maybe you're using the free version for on demand scans only. So why haven't you updated to v3 yet?
Also EEK, Malwarebytes & hitman pro are more than enough for regular on-demand scans.
Yes free on demand only. Last time I heard MBAM v3 wasn't really stable, but maybe things change now. I'll look into it.

I think that it is a safe setting with no shortage. :)
However, I felt that there were too many on-demand scanners. If there are many inspectors, erroneous detection also increases proportionally. There are on-demand scanners that reside at startup, so please also consider refining.
Thank you for sharing:D
Refined, no on demand scanners at start-up ;)

Electr0n

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Feb 19, 2018
MBAM v3 instability issues occurred for those who were using the pro version for real time protection, not for those who were using the free version for on-demand scans. I have been using v3 since it's inception as an on demand scanner and faced no issues. It's not like v3 was so unstable that it would crash during scans. :ROFLMAO:

AlanOstaszewski

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 27, 2017
Since you use Windows Defender, consider using Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Beta. It's free and despite the name, surprisingly stable.
MBAE 1.12 Build 42 - Latest experimental build
Windows Defender has built-in protection against exploits, which works very well technically. It is called Windows Defender Exploit Guard. I would not recommend installing MBAE here.

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Windows Defender has built-in protection against exploits, which works very well technically. It is called Windows Defender Exploit Guard. I would not recommend installing MBAE here.
Malwarebytes said in a forum post that the two complete each other if you leave Exploit Guard at the out-of-the-box settings. MBAE is essentially the Program Settings you have to do individually. But MBAE already comes with many presets for the most popular applications such as browsers and PDF readers. If it doesn't cause conflict it's worth a try. Personally I stopped using it because it caused strange but harmless glitches to happen.

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
Too many system tools, Wise Care is more than enough, the speed and stability of your system is not directly proportional to the number of these tools and the risk is the overlap of actions generated by different cleanup algorithms.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.