OutPost Security Suite 7.1 Free

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrBeenGolfing

Level 1
Verified
Mar 16, 2013
I'm confused, if it missed blocking all those links, why does MBAM and HMP show computer to be clean?
Also, you show two detection rates: 28.9% on malware pack, and on the 5 Star detection you show 85%?
Can you enlighten me a bit?
Thanks for testing!

Malware Security

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2013
DrBeenGolfing said:
I'm confused, if it missed blocking all those links, why does MBAM and HMP show computer to be clean? Thanks for testing!

The reason is, 25 of the missed links were just websites and not files, so hitmanpro and malwarebytes aren't gonna detect websites because it didn't have files. Since 1 file got blocked, the other 4 files were missed, but 1 missed file was dead when i tried executing it, the other file had 0/47 detection rate, so that file is not bad. Lastly, the last 2 files were bad, but outpost only caught one of them. That one bad file that outpost did not detect was just an application that was in German for you to call people. When you close out of the application, then its gone, so it didn't drop anything anywhere in the computer.

Sorry for this long explanation!lol

Malware Security

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2013
DrBeenGolfing said:
So, how many pieces of malware actually infected the machine?
Cheers!

None infected the machine because most of todays links were just malicious websites!

if i were to execute files from the missed files in the 450 file malware pack, the machine would most like be infected.

DrBeenGolfing

Level 1
Verified
Mar 16, 2013
Bitdefender.
I saw a review of Outpost in a Russian site, they said it was weak against root kits, and some malware were able to partly destroy it's interface.

Malware Security

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2013
DrBeenGolfing said:
Bitdefender.
I saw a review of Outpost in a Russian site, they said it was weak against root kits, and some malware were able to partly destroy it's interface.

All i got to say is, i would never go to outpost. were you planning to switch to a free av bc if you want a free Internet security, comodo Internet security would be a good one!

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
Outpost is a very good firewall,but the av is not very good.
Outpost with avast would be a good combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.