Troubleshoot Over heating on startup

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
I would clean out your laptop with some compressed air. Clean it out good - be careful not to go too full blast with the compressed air. I used the kind that is in a container. I like to clean out my computers every other month just to keep them squeaky clean (may be a bit excessive).

From there, I would see if your fans are spinning up correctly as well. If one or none of your fans are spinning up I'd like at the defective fans and perhaps replace them.

Can you get into BIOS before overheating and see how hot things are getting? Sometimes you bad capacitors can happen. Look for anything bulging or not looking right inside your laptop.

****Wear an anti-static wristband or be extra careful when poking around.****

Reactions: Vasudev and AtlBo
Upvote 0

karthic1998

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2017
I would clean out your laptop with some compressed air. Clean it out good - be careful not to go too full blast with the compressed air. I used the kind that is in a container. I like to clean out my computers every other month just to keep them squeaky clean (may be a bit excessive).

From there, I would see if your fans are spinning up correctly as well. If one or none of your fans are spinning up I'd like at the defective fans and perhaps replace them.

Can you get into BIOS before overheating and see how hot things are getting? Sometimes you bad capacitors can happen. Look for anything bulging or not looking right inside your laptop.

****Wear an anti-static wristband or be extra careful when poking around.****
I won’t get into bios friend

Reactions: AtlBo
Upvote 0

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
To look on information about temperature, I have PowerTool by ithurricane (.zip portable of course), click on Hardware button, here you have Hardware Temperature Info:
CPU Temperature,
Main HardDrive Temperature,
Motherboard Temperature.

Safe download link on Softpedia.com: PowerTool Download

'A rather small application in stature but powerful enough to detect kernel alterations that occur due to the presence of various malware components

PowerTool is a security tool developed to offer you a simple means of keeping your computer clean of rootkit viruses and fixing kernel structure modifications.

Rootkit viruses act on an administrative privileges and hide inside certain processes or applications. They can exploit certain system vulnerabilities that might lead to loss of personal information or even system override.

PowerTool scans and analyzes files at kernel level which means that the scans get as thorough as possible. The application displays a comprehensive interface with a tabbed structure which makes it very easy to use and navigate.

It’s separated into sections such as ‘System’, ‘Process’, ‘Kernel Module’, ‘Application’, ‘Registry’, ‘Services’ and ‘Startup’ which means that it covers all the crucial system file types that may be subjected to infection. The application doesn't just detect problems, it can also fix them. With it you are able to repair Registry Editor and Task Manager problems and various typical errors. ...'

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
karthic1998 wrote:
"I cleaned the layers of dust present on the fan"
- me too! Works much better, no "swimming" of the fan speed!

It seems to me that Windows is immortal, immortal operating system, weird

Upvote 0

Digerati

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Mar 2, 2017
It seems to me that Windows is immortal, immortal operating system, weird
Microsoft is working very hard to get it there. And for the most part they are successful.

Consider the fact that virtually every single one of the 1.5 billion Windows computers (including the 500+ million Windows 10 computers) around the world became a unique computer within the first few minutes after the very first boot. This happens as each user configures their own networking, desktop personalizations, security, installed apps, attached peripherals (printers, external drives), and more. Frankly, I think Microsoft has done an amazing job to make Windows so robust - not forgetting the fact the hardware is made by 100s if not 1000s of different manufacturers all expected seamlessly interface and comply with the same industry standards and protocols, running software developed by 1000s of different software companies.

Now if users would quit thinking they are smarter than those top developers at Microsoft and quit changing all the default settings, even more users would have a more robust system and Windows would come even closer to immortality.

Reactions: roger_m
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.