ESET Smart Security 9
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
Periodic malware scanners
Hitman Pro, Dr Web Cure It, McAfee Stinger, Kaspersky TDSS Killer
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Firefox, Internet Explorer 8 ( Occasionally)
NoScript, Web of Trust(WOT), uBlock Origin.
Maintenance tools
PrivaZer, Kerish Doctor, CCleaner Pro, WinUtilities Pro
TrueCrypt
File and Photo backup
Macrium Reflect
System recovery
Paragon Backup & Recovery

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
I have a few suggestions to make.
Add another browser chromium based in case you have a problem with Firefox and since you rarely use IE.
Add a password manager like LastPass which is free to secure your passwords when you are online.
You have very strong config i like it;).
Thanks for sharing your config:).

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
You've a configuration that was an enjoyable read, thank you for sharing it.:)
As long as XP works well for you, you might consider additional layers of protection. A sandbox used while you browse is a good preventative measure, and a free sandboxing program is Sandboxie.
Originally developed to address vulnerabilities in IE (sandbox + ie = Sandboxie ;)) it works well with most browsers.

Another free program I've used on our own XP system, also a virtualization app, is Time Freeze.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
The fact that I use WinXp, it's a matter of my sentiment and habits to this system. As for security issues, no system is not guaranteed. I use XP for many years and never had any major problems.
What are your system specifications?

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.