pablozi's iPhone 6S security config

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@pablozi iOS has encryption by default, as long as you have a secure PIN and/or Touch ID.

You can find a few trusted content and tracker blockers for Safari, or the Adblock Plus browser as a replacement.

Don't worry about NOT having an Anti-Malware app for iOS, I don't think such exists - last I checked.

As of this post, 9.3.3 is the latest update.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I am not worried at all my friend as there are no such tools available for iOS and even if they were I still will not use none of them since I am quite happy with my Common Sense Total Security Total :D:cool:
Exactly my point, just make sure to update when possible, and even if you forget iOS will remind you (or schedule later).

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Just putting in my two cents if there was an apple malware removal app I would get it personally. Considering Macs can be infected nothing at this point in time is 100% invincible. Even if hackwers can't breakthrough get time will come eventually.

LukeNukesEm

Level 5
Verified
Sep 14, 2016
@pablozi iOS has encryption by default, as long as you have a secure PIN and/or Touch ID.

You can find a few trusted content and tracker blockers for Safari, or the Adblock Plus browser as a replacement.

Don't worry about NOT having an Anti-Malware app for iOS, I don't think such exists - last I checked.

As of this post, 9.3.3 is the latest update.
There are antivirus apps such as norton, trend micro, lookout, and more for ios. IMO people should have a security app on their phones. It is very possible for a normal iphone to be infected, you don't have to jailbreak it to be infected. I always come accross people infected with ransomware on their iphone (of course not jailbroken). While it is rare it can happen.

Shran

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 19, 2015
There are antivirus apps such as norton, trend micro, lookout, and more for ios.

There really isn't. There is no realtime antivirus/antimalware solution for iOS. The only thing these apps can do on iOS is provide anti-theft and contact/picture backup.

Reactions: Dirk41 and XIII

XIII

Level 5
Verified
Sep 20, 2016
There really isn't. There is no realtime antivirus/antimalware solution for iOS. The only thing these apps can do on iOS is provide anti-theft and contact/picture backup.

On point. Some of them provide battery management, browser anti-fraud, and password-protected folders. None of them provide real-time or on-demand protection though.

Reactions: Shran

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
There are antivirus apps such as norton, trend micro, lookout, and more for ios. IMO people should have a security app on their phones. It is very possible for a normal iphone to be infected, you don't have to jailbreak it to be infected. I always come accross people infected with ransomware on their iphone (of course not jailbroken). While it is rare it can happen.
Usually it's browser based ransomware, which be cured.
There are no Antivirus or AntiMalware apps for iOS, they were removed over a year ago.
http://theregister.co.uk/2015/03/24/ios_anti_malware_confusion/

Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016

Right . But some of them provide a vault for photos, but don't know if it is really useful : I mean it would be useful if it was reliable against backdoors , but I don't think they are so frequent ( iOS 9.3.5 solved the last known issue) . And as far as celebs stolen photos are concerned , I think they stole them from iCloud

Oh well you can add two step verification to iCloud !

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.