Real-time security
Comodo Internet Security 10
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
EEK, CCE
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Google Chrome x64 (Stable) with AppContainer enabled and all plugins sandboxed, Mozilla Firefox x64 (Stable)
Maintenance tools
CCleaner
File and Photo backup
Various cloud storages + external HDD
System recovery
OS built-in

enaph

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Office suite: Microsoft Office 2016 Professional
PDF reader: Google Chrome
Compression tools: WinRAR (licensed)
IM: Skype
Cloud services: OneDrive, iCloud, Google Drive
VPN: MyDevil.net
Download manager: Internet Download Manager
Registry tweaks:
- disabled UAC elevation for unsigned files
- disabled modern UAC prompt
- UAC password request
- enabled PUP detection in Windows Defender

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@NSG001 What about
80Yf9Oc.png
?

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I haven't seen any malware in years, so I don't feel like wasting system resources for additional software. Instead of this I am using Common Sense 2015 Beta ;)
I use Windows built in AV & firewall too, with respect to Fantasy, as all ducks are not always equal,:p @Umbra Polaris makes some good points for native security,

"If you just surf safely, don't use dodgy software, it is all you need; windows security is implemented at kernel level; one level deeper than any other security softs. Now I don't say that using other security softs is useless but unlike with Win7, you don't need them anymore.

I personally use some of them because I have to ( I closed-beta test them ) if not I would just stick with what Win8 offers.".;)

most of the people that bash Win8, never really used it or don't have any clue of what an OS should do. They just focus on their "used-to-use- useless-crap-fluffy-designed-toys
".

Thanks for sharing your configuration!:cool:

enaph

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Hello pablozi,

Just a suggestion... since you visit Phishing Sites.

Add an anti-executable for that occasional drive-by download: VooDooShield Frree or NoVirusThanks Exe Radar Pro - get free beta on MT subforum "Other Security Software."
Thanks for suggestion, but i've tried both of them and I really don't feel like I need them - Adguard is enough :)

Reactions: Logethica

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.