STORAGE: 128 GB SSD + 1TB HDD
Notable changes
10/12/2020 - replaced LastPass with 1Password
05/10/2020 - replaced 1Password with LastPass, removed Brave
22/09/2020 change summary:
Removed: uBlock0, Bitwarden
Added: Adguard (extension), 1Password
Notes by Staff Team
  1. This setup configuration does not have a backup plan. We strongly recommend to add a backup solution for your data so that you can restore it in the case of an emergency.
    Backing up allows the recovery of data that has been lost due of a malware attack (eg. ransomware) or a hard disk crash. In such events you might lose family photos, your music collection, documents, or financial data. Backups are fast and simple to perform so it should be done on a regular basis.

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
04/03/2020: changed Bitwarden to 1Password
That's like trading your Gucci sneakers, for Walmart shoes....

Anyways onto the setup..

Windows FW:
- Could try Tinywall alongside WFW, helps you control WDW better and Tinywall adds rules. Paired with Syshardener for better protection.

User Acc:
- Maybe try a Standard acc, up to you

Data Backup:
- Use something such as Macrium Reflect or Aomei Backupper (the latter has a 1 year free trial still on this site I believe), it's better to have two ways to restores your machine encase anything happens with the syncing of 1Drive

Windows Defender, kinda wanna facepalm with this choice, but this is up to you and not my personal computer. It's very heavy of the system and abeit not the best of protection either.

All the above is optional, ty for sharing.

~LDogg

enaph

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Good choice from what I've read. If I used a password manager, it would be Bitwarden.
I was using 1Password for the last couple of weeks and don't get me wrong - it's a very good password manager however it has some annoyances which make me switch back to BW.
And I still have BW Premium which way less expensive :)

enaph

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Regarding staff notes:
This setup configuration doesn't have a backup plan. We strongly recommend to add a backup solution for your data so that you can restore it in the case of an emergency.
Backing up allows the recovery of data that has been lost due of a malware attack (eg. ransomware) or a hard disk crash. In such events you might lose family photos, your music collection, documents, or financial data. Backups are fast and simple to perform so it should be done on a regular basis.
All my sensitive data is being synced to OneDrive in real time + the most valuable items are being stored in OneDrive's secure vault.

enaph

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
What made you go with Pro instead of free?
Not really sure... Might be remaining 36652 days of my subscription :cool: #flex

1589393228734.png

enaph

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
So after a year spent with Bitwarden Premium I've decided to move my entire password database to 1Password.
There's only one reason for that - delay in sync between different instances of BW which was very annoying and shouldn't be a thing in a password manager.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
So after a year spent with Bitwarden Premium I've decided to move my entire password database to 1Password.
There's only one reason for that - delay in sync between different instances of BW which was very annoying and shouldn't be a thing in a password manager.
Thinks about doing the same...
How did you import your existing passwords form Bitwarden in 1Password?

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
I switched my wife and I from Lastpass to 1Password and we have really liked it. The shared vaults make sharing easier, and the master key offers an additional layer of security. Plus it's a very well made app on all platforms.

enaph

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
it's a very well made app on all platforms
It's not a deal breaker really but 1Password is way more polished product - but this is something to be expected since they are way longer on the market.
I might keep my Bitwarden account as a backup but being a lazy c**t I know I might stop updating it after few weeks :ROFLMAO:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.